close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

loaddata.com - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by mjallen66, Mar 24, 2010.

1. mjallen66

mjallen66

Has anyone here used a loaddata.com subscription? and If so, was it worth the subscription fee? It appears to be a good product with a substantial amount of compiled data.

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I've often wondered the same thing... Have you tried checking the "Load database" at Handloads.com? They usually have a pretty good amount of data compiled from manuals and users...

IGF

3. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Well I have it. It's about $30. I use it for 9 and 40 loads. I don't know guys. No information on AutoComp or even 700X that has been out for a while. A lot of the info my guess is out of the main reloading books anyway. The only thing I guess I like about it is you can print out each page of info and put it in a binder. In other words I will not renew next year.

4. D. Manley

D. Manley

It's absolutely worth it to me. You have access to virtually all the published data from all sources available in one place. The "printer-friendly" format is a plus.

5. BHP9

BHP9

Probably only worth it for the first year.

Most of the info is out there on the 'net for free, but you can get some/most of it at one location.

6. D. Manley

D. Manley

Well, in all fairness...

In addition to the freely available data they also have that published by Speer, Hornady, Lyman, Barnes, Sierra & Nosler as well as that from other, smaller, manufacturers such as Oregon Trail bullets and cumulative data from their own publication, Handloader Magazine.

7. coal

coal

No. Just check manuals and cross-check with interner resources like BrianEnos.com.

8. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

9. BigDog[RE]

BigDog[RE] NRA Member

10. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

I have a subscription and can't find any loads that aren't already in my extensive loading manual collection.

But that may be a good thing if you don't have all the manuals already.

They even tell you what manual it is coming from.:embarassed:

11. dudel

dudel

Not worth it for me. I get my starting load from a book, then work it up for my purposes.

If I got it from loaddata.com, I'd still only have a starting point and have to work up the load for my purposes.

If you're not planning/willing to work up a load, then why not just use the load data from a manual?

Loaddata.com will not be specific to your gun/barrel. What shoots great in my G17 will not necessarily shoot well in yours. Plus, as you say, it's compiled data, not lab tested data. No idea of pressure levels in those loads (last time I checked). Who checks the out? Who catches any typos?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010