close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LNL Roller Handle (PICS)

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GioaJack, Mar 26, 2010.

1. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Fate has once again intervened to screw with, (or lack of) my love life. For three days I've been waiting for my little UPS sweetie to deliver my new LNL Roller Handle.

Today I had one of my frequent doctors appointments so had to stand down my ever vigilant watch and make my way down to the flatlands.

While down there I stopped at my local gun shop, noticed that the had gotten in a Ruger LCP and called Little Stevie to see how he liked his. Upon his glowing recommendation I purchased the tiny little thing. If it doesn't work out I'll use it as a very small boat anchor.

Upon arriving back at my place of domicile must to my chagrin I noticed a UPS package sitting on the back deck, getting snowed on...again!

Now, I can't prove that a pair of Cinderella like crystal 8 inch stiletto heels encasing my little sweetie's delicate feet graced my back deck... for all I know it may have been a pair of size sixteen Doc Martens belonging to a four hundred pound neanderthal named 'Twinky', the problem is... I'll never know. I'm going broke ordering stuff. It's been so long since I've seen her she may be remarried and pregnant with triplets. (They ain't mine... my horses aren't the only one geldings around here.)

Although mired in the swamp of depression I still made my way to the loading room and installed the handle on one of the LNL's. I haven't loaded any rounds yet but I did perch upon my stool and cranked the handle for five minutes or so. So far it seems very comfortable indeed. The most noticeable thing about it is the downstroke of the handle is sever inches shorter than the straight handle. It was very comfortable both sitting and standing, although I do almost all my loading sitting.

The other nice feature is the chrome roller handle itself. It is very smooth as it rotates and seems as though it will allow longer pain free loading sessions for us more 'mature' guys with arthritis. If that turns out to be accurate it will make the cost of the handle well worth it.

Since they're calling for another 75 feet of snow between tonight and tomorrow I'll have plenty of time to put the handle through its paces. Actually I'll run a bunch of rounds with the new handle then a few hundred rounds with the other LNL that still has the original handle and do a side by side comparison. Gee, won't that be special.

Head on view of new handle. Note distinct bend, when in operation handle comes down just past the horizontal.

[​IMG]

Side view of handle. The angle of the bend keeps your knuckles from hitting the edge of the bench. No movement or reinstallation of the press was required. The original straight handle is on the bench just below it. Installation about three minutes.

[​IMG]

A view of the other machine with its original handle installed for comparison.

[​IMG]

Hope you guys have a snow free weekend... except for C4W and Zombie Steve, I hope you guys get hammered by this global warming. If I can't shoot you shouldn't either.

Jack

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Looks good Jack...

As for the UPS sweetie.. she told me to tell you her and Twinky switched routes. I'll send pics when I can.. :)

IGF

3. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Cold weather is casting weather. I turned all my WW into ingots a couple days ago.

Interesting handle. How do you like it. Interesting bend going forward like that. I have seen Dillon Roller handles mounted to a LnL before but that handle is unique with that bend like that.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

The Dillon handles, I believe, require some sort of modification to work. That one bolts on. It looks good, thats for sure.

IGF

5. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

Hey that looks really nice, got another one ordered yet?
    They need to match,
    and it comes UPS :whistling:

Bob :supergrin:

6. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Why aren't you in bed yet?

Jack

7. BK63

BK63

As far as the LCP goes, I have found that typical Ruger quality sees that this gun functions very well. As far as accuracy, you're not going to be shooting it 50 yards at targets. They are definately point and shoot very close range "get off me" type guns. Carries very well in your front pocket when other type carry doesn't work. Other than 10 to 15 feet at the range I can't hit squat with it.

8. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Wanted to take it out back and crank off a box or so but it's snowing so hard I'll never find my brass... I ain't going out in that stuff... there's a NASCAR truck race on. :supergrin:

Jack

9. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Since you know how to shoot DA, you'll be fine with the LCP. My firend bought two and I got both of them into 5" at 15 yards off hand. The recoil might be an issue. It isn't very strong, but it has a certain sting to it. Ever use a staple gun on a cold day? That kind of thing. It didn't hurt, but it almsot hurt.

Your pirate friends could operate that press with the new handle.

10. DnB_TeK

DnB_TeK

very nice setup you have there....i was looking into this roller handle, haven't made a decision yet....let me know wuttcha think after a couple hundred rounds or so....wuttcha think about the modular bullet tray?