close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LnL AP in Action.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by EL_NinO619, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

So here is a Video of me loading. This morning trying to figure out why Stevie and everyone was struggling with primers, i decided to investigate. So i fiddled around with it and found a IKEA wrench that looked just right. Not that i had a problem with seating primers, but now it takes about 1/3 the force. So if anyone with a LnL would like a Wrench...Call me. You can have mine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mojustin?feature=mhum

And if any of you know how to paste the video to thread please do..

2. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

3. EL_NinO619

:faint:

4. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apparently you and XDRoX use the same production screen writers... either that or everyone in California is a deaf mute. :dunno:

That's pretty much the speed I load at even with case feeders be it the LNL's or the 1050's. I'm just mot able to really move much faster. I usually have a rate of about 400 an hour... why go quick, what else do I have to do with my time?

How come the pan on that scale is almost touching the bench... is it broken or is that just the way BLUE stuff comes? :whistling:

Smoking is illegal in California and you're too young anyway... send me those Marlboro's, and the rest of the carton.

Oh, just so no one beats me to it... every one of those primers must be high, it's a known fact LNL's can't seat primers.

Jack

5. XDRoX

XDRoX

What's the name of this video? I'm on my iPad and the link won't work.

6. dudel

dudel

Dang. I believe my 550s faster than that, even with hand indexing. I know Ron59s must be quicker or he would have only loaded 10K rounds to date.

7. EL_NinO619

As i said in my post before i added the video, i was going to go at my normal relaxed pace. Plus at a round every 5-6 seconds, That's 600 rounds a hour. I really would like to see your 550 go faster than that. DUDE!!. Don't be jealous..

8. High Altitude

High Altitude

Hornady LnL AP loading .45acp

9. EL_NinO619

10. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Alright, lets everyone keep it civil. The RED/BLUE war is something we all have fun with we don't want to screw up a good thing.

Besides, the more we argue the pros and cons of RED/BLUE the less bandwidth Little Stevie has to post with. :whistling:

And liberals say there is no upside to war... HA!

Jack

11. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

12. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

You clearly are not pushing as hard as I had to push to seat my CCI primers. Hornady put a metal disc under my primer punch the second time I got the frame.

600 rds a hour is 100 rds in 10 mins. I was at 8 mins per hundred on my 550. But your pace is the pace most people prefer to load at.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  13. EL_NinO619

Yes I could go much much faster, but why..i would only be doing it to show off and not the true function of the press. It really sounds like you got a lemon, and as long as Dillons been around im sure they have made a few lemons too

14. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

You could easily pick up another 100 rounds an hour if you stopped your left hand at the press. You bring it all the way back to your chest and then stall and then bring it back forward to your chest.

15. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

It seemed very slow. I have never really watched a lnl run before. Seems even with the 550 I get better speed. The lnl apears to almost need a casefeeder. For auto indexing seems like alot of wasted motion w/o one

16. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

You seem to need a daily reminder that the Casefeeder was also a issue. You should also try loading some 9mm with CCI primers. Known to be a pretty hard primer.

17. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Ok I have to know. What is with the cheap wrench bolted under the primer feeding for?

18. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

19. EL_NinO619

I don't understand how you think that is slow. Watch both video and look and how much extra movement is needed on a 550, plus chris is moving at a much faster pace then me. I am just doing my normal reloading. And i do believe nothing is harder to prime than 5.56 brass and i do it all day on the LnL. I'm not worried about a contest i know the LnL is faster because your forgetting i loaded on a 550b for awhile. The 550 is a great press and i am not knocking it, it just was not for me so i went with what i feel is a better machine for around the same price. How you say the Dillon is faster, even though Dillon means 500 Rhr that's why its called 550, and the LnL rate that i am casually loading is over 500 Rhr. But feel free to keep saying it slow, The Video don't lie.....:supergrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.