Llama Mini Max Sub Compact .45ACP ???

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CBennett, Feb 4, 2010.

1. CBennett

CBennett

Llama Mini Max .45ACP info needed
    Finally got a bite from a guy at work on my Glock 23 I was actually getting ready to just let the listing become unlisted(they will run it for a month then you have to tell them to renew it or it runs out...the month is up tomorrow).

My Glock 23 is a 2nd Gen police trade in with some holster wear has 3 mags and Warren tactical sights. I had it(the gun) the 40-9 conversion barrel lone wolf ported one, 3 hi cap magazines, the original case, and a fobus holster listed for $500 or the gun alone for $400 with the mags...guy at work says he has a

Llama Mini Max .45 that he bought a few years ago and only really ran about 2 boxes of ammo through so he says its like new(he got it new). Says it ran 100% with the ammo he put through it. he wants to trade for the Glock 23 he wanted the package I had listed for $500 he said he would include his gun + $150 cash my way in the trade ...I was also just thinking to see if he wanted to go gun for gun no extras...

so what can you tell me about this gun and would this be a deal worth doing for the 2nd gen glock 23....

also this would become my new CC gun is it a decent CC gun?? he says 3.5" barrel on it so help me out with your thoughts.

2. bac1023

bac1023

I like them, but would not use one as a carry model.

3. CBennett

CBennett

yeah, thats what id be using it for..I just figured id ask since the guy asked if id be interested today...id just never heard of the brand...had it been say a RIA id have told him yeah.

oh and if you like them but not for carry...why not for carry??? whats wrong with them???

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  4. CBennett

CBennett

I guess after some more looking your probably right about not carrying it :( oh well.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Llama built some cool guns, but their older designs and not necessarily reliable with modern ammo.

I have a Llama Omni, which I like quite a bit.

It has a very nice bluing job as well. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. CBennett

CBennett

yeah i read up a bit and asked the guy and saw that most people were running the round nose ball ammo in them and that3.5" CC .45's sometimes had problems..I had never thought of going under 4" in a 1911 unless it as purposely built for CC and HP like the Springer EMP. Thanks for the help im gonna tell him I will pass.

7. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I had that gun some years ago. I bought it for something inexpensive to leave in a shed or use as a car gun.
    It was poorly made and gave me a lot of trouble.
    I finally took it to a gun show and sold it to a individual for $100 after I told him all the problems I had.

8. dr_hefley

dr_hefley

I have one and it's been good. I'd be hesitant to carry it because that brand has a "bad reputation". I'd rather carry something with a more reliable background.

9. CBennett

CBennett

thanks guys told him id pass.

10. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

I would not trade my Glock for a Llama Mini Max if you paid me. They rust like an old Chevy pickup truck. And are pure junk in my opinion. Heck! You would be better off iwith a Hi point.

11. CBennett

CBennett

thats why I ask questions about guns I know nothing of :)..it could just as likely have been a great deal and id have been dumb(i guess ignorant not dumb) enough not to know :)