Living with parents that dont approve?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mudfootball, Feb 20, 2005.

1. mudfootball

mudfootball

Being a broke *** college student a good percentage of the year i live at home. Being a hunter since i am old enough i have guns in corners of the house or cluttering the kitchen table with cleaning supplies at any given time. Mom is cool with all of the above. However she is not to big on my decision to CCW. It hasnt made for an argument or anything like that, but that is because for the most part she doesnt know when or where my guns go, she just happened to find the card one day that my wallet ended up in the washing maching. No father around to have a say. What do you think?
    kt
    by the way the PA cards hold up quite well to a dose of Gain bleach alternative ;)

2. Eagles1181

Eagles1181 Flying High

Keep them hidden and don't make an issue of it. Basically don't ask don't tell. If she ask, be honest.

Eagle

3. modgun

modgun CLM

Maybe Mom has good reason?

4. Beaten

Beaten Brand X

My mom is the same way even though my dad has been a hunter before I came along. I grew up hunting with him and had guns since I was 5 years old. I was talking to my dad the other day about getting my CCW he is all for it he has his. Mom over heard she flips out wanting to know what I need to carry a gun for ect. And I am 25 I think its just moms being over portective. We not have the she doesn't ask me I don't tell her thing going on.

5. Eagles1181

Eagles1181 Flying High

Beaten,
    Funny thing is if she really wanted to be over protective she would be buying you an AR a glock and a couple extra mags of ammo. We can only dream.

Eagle

6. Beaten

Beaten Brand X

No joke my dad nearlly has to hide if form her when he gets me a gun or I get him one. Every thing has to be done under the radar.

7. quinnt

quinnt

my mom doesnt really care

she just doesnt liek my knives

beaten do you happen to post on DF?

8. Beaten

Beaten Brand X

9. mudfootball

mudfootball

modgun,
    im not saying i carelessly have guns all over, just that if i walk in from a day of hunting and a corner is where i happen to leave my gun while everything else gets put away or what ever, she is completely cool with it
    kt

10. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Heart of the Rockies

I've convinced my mother to get her CCL. ;f

My dad, on the other hand, is really against it. It's funny, my father is a pretty strong conservative, but when he talks about carrying a gun he sounds like a liberal.

11. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Mudfootball, damn we sound just alike! I always have guns on the kitchen table. About once a week all the guns come out for bath-time and to be fondled a little bit;). My mom shoots with me, but she's nice enough to leave the cleanin to me:( ;). I live in the middle of the woods so I dont have to worry about anything, I just walk outside and shoot/hunt.