Glock Talk banner

Living next door to a pawn broker is bad for my health

1160 Views 16 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  SmokeRoss
My neighbor owns two pawn shops in town and
over the past few years he has called me when he saw something he has though I might want.

They recently started selling firearms...

A few months ago a glock 42 followed me home and last night he stopped by with a new toy in his hand. After a few minutes, I was the proud owner of an Eotech 512.

This is bad for my health since the wife overheard the conversation at the door and is now planning my demise for spending money. For what it's worth it only set me back $200.
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
10,527 Posts
$200 for an Eotech 512? I'd have scooped that up in a heartbeat.

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is NOT the typical pawnbroker. They will screw you for every penny.
I agree. He is not your typical pawnbroker. A few years back he bought an engraving machine and wanted to get into engraving firearms. I used my Glock 23 as a guinea pig for him. He engraved several of my agency badges on the slide and they turned out great.

What is sad is how little people will take for their valued items when they are in need. I guarantee he made decent money off of me even at $200.

Reactions: silentpoet

· Registered
7,193 Posts
My brother makes a very good living as a pawn broker. He's cut me deals on a lot of things I wouldn't buy at full price. They're good people just making a living.

· Federal Member
30,587 Posts
I wish I had a neighbor like yours!!

· Registered
1,464 Posts
For $200, your wife shouldn't be that mad. You got a sweet deal!

· Registered
874 Posts
What is sad is how little people will take for their valued items when they are in need. I guarantee he made decent money off of me even at $200.
We get the pawn slips from area pawn shops sent to us every week. People are selling their Glock 42s for $150-$200. It's sad.

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I figured out why the guy wanted to get rid of it in the first place. Lol

I put the site on to co-witness the hologram and my backup sites and found that the hologram was in the upper left corner of the site picture. The adjustment screws had been turned completely to their stops.

A few moments of adjusting brought it within specifications and had me shooting approximately half an inch high at 50 yards.

Since I have now "fixed" this site, I'll sell it to you for $350. ;)

· Massive Member
27,270 Posts
I think I figured out why the guy wanted to get rid of it in the first place. Lol

I put the site on to co-witness the hologram and my backup sites and found that the hologram was in the upper left corner of the site picture. The adjustment screws had been turned completely to their stops.

A few moments of adjusting brought it within specifications and had me shooting approximately half an inch high at 50 yards.

Since I have now "fixed" this site, I'll sell it to you for $350. ;)
You mean you aren't supposed to make sure the screws are all snug????

Randy

· Registered
29,869 Posts
Pawn shops can be cool. I purchased a fully tricked out G19 2 months ago, including night sites, for $300.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts