Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got up and am packing the car for a leisurely drive to this new venue. Will be interesting to see how the new location works out. Will be staying Mesquite. Anyone else going?
I enjoyed Boulder City last year and it is a bit closer. Not sure why they changed locations?

·
Arms Dealer
859 Posts
Great range about 69 minutes outside Las Vegas, and hidden behind a Golf Course. The match was small at about 240 entries come end of day Sunday. A friend and I did the #SuicideRun (up and back in the same day) from Los Angeles (about 11 hours total driving time). I arrived around 11:30AM Saturday and missed most of the crowd. Had a little bit of lunch at the club house and proceeded down to the stages. They ran a 2/2/2, and I finished my 7 divisions by 1630. They could use more staff as poor Patti was running around doing the squadding for all the stages. The range has plenty of room to grow, and could easily be more popular with a little more marketing.

Scores:
Unl: 77.64
Comp: 72.17
Master: 74.80
Sub C: 101.35 (1 plate up and lots of C/Ds)
Heavy Metal: 84.22
Major Sub: 60.77 (1 Plate up)
Pocket: 68.79 (1 Plate up)

Probably too high for a placement prize, and I left a plate up in Major Sub and Pocket which I haven’t done in a couple of years. Lots of points down too. I just didn’t have enough practice time in. Stages were the traditional V1s with 52G at 25 yards.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they use the same venue next year I am sure entries will go up. I think the obscure location ( might market better if they list it as mesquite Nevada rather than littlefield?) hurt and with it being shot show week too.
I was a bit surprised seeing how soon the match was after the 19x announcement they did not have a sample to fondle or a side match using one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts