1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
28,564 Posts
Guy was good with the bucket.

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
Not sure about kids being so close to machinery.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
And is also a subtle reminder of how easy it is when parents do things to make memories for their children......good and bad memories, intended or not. When sons and daughters are finally grown, there's no do-overs.

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
Not sure about kids being so close to machinery.
You're right, they should have been safely inside the house, swaddled in Nerf to prevent them from being bruised by the sofa,away from any peanut products, mean words, images of people smoking, or pictures of Donald Trump.

But they weren't. They were out in the dangerous world, playing in the germ infested dirt within falling distance of both a road AND a non-emission controlled diesel powered machine that's contributing to climate change.

And nothing bad happened.

Just the same, I am sure that Child Services will open a case on the parents and assign an investigator named Karen, the police will be called on the equipment operator, and Greta Thunberg will issue an enraged tweet about the petroleum products involved.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,947 Posts
You're right, they should have been safely inside the house, swaddled in Nerf to prevent them from being bruised by the sofa,away from any peanut products, mean words, images of people smoking, or pictures of Donald Trump.

But they weren't. They were out in the dangerous world, playing in the germ infested dirt within falling distance of both a road AND a non-emission controlled diesel powered machine that's contributing to climate change.

And nothing bad happened.

Just the same, I am sure that Child Services will open a case on the parents and assign an investigator named Karen, the police will be called on the equipment operator, and Greta Thunberg will issue an enraged tweet about the petroleum products involved.
Yep...we really need to get over ourselves and start raising capable independent young men & women

·
Registered
13,257 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
In many families , the concept of doing little things for kids is delegated to the wife. Well, life dictated that I take on that role as well.
1. the nieces received dolls and I would take them to high tea.
2. the nieces and nephews received phone calls on their birthdays until age18.
3. I am now sending beginning reading books to the nieces and nephews with little ones.
4. My brother abandoned his son - to the point of the kid being raised by the grandparents in another country. He turned 14 last year. He received a basketball, baseballs, a glove, the Dummies book series (used) for all the classes he would take in high school.

You won't receive a thank you note or call. But the kids will remember long after you are gone.

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
Guy has mad skillz. He wasn't swinging it wildly near the kids. Small moves, Ellie. People need to stop worrying so much and start living. 'Murica!

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
I remember my uncle using his bucket loader to put us kids on the roof of his camp....then leaving us there with no way down so he could have a beer in peace.
When Dad was alive, we would use the tractor loader as a ladder. I would get in the bucket and up you go.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,815 Posts
How sweet!

He is a good operator too.

EDIT: Those buckets can get a little squirelly at times, especially if you don't check the fluid. I don't know if it is such a good idea to get that close to kids, but obviously he knew what he was doing and the loader must be perfectly maintained to work like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts