Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASHVILLE — Little Richard, the self-proclaimed “architect of rock ‘n’ roll” whose piercing wail, pounding piano and towering pompadour irrevocably altered popular music while introducing black R&B to white America, has died Saturday. He was 87.

Pastor Bill Minson, a close friend of Little Richard’s, told The Associated Press that Little Richard died Saturday morning. Minson said he also spoke to Little Richard’s son and brother.

Minson added that the family is not releasing the cause of death.

LINK HERE

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay then... Jerry Stiller died.

Hope I beat the deadline for him!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Little Richard was under appreciated as an artist. He did more to break rock and roll free then any five other artists combined, IMHO. One thing for sure, there was never any question who that artist was when you heard any of his music. LR’s family did share that he had been battling bone cancer. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TBO

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little Richard was under appreciated as an artist. He did more to break rock and roll free then any five other artists combined, IMHO. One thing for sure, there was never any question who that artist was when you heard any of his music. LR’s family did share that he had been battling bone cancer. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I kinda put him in the same category as "The Killer - Jerry Lee Lewis" since both were fairly brash, had a stage persona that was a little over the hill and had a niche audience when they saw him.

Recordings - not DVDs so you couldn't see the performers - were pretty much OK.

Now - for a real performer --- it's gotta be "The Hardest Working Man In Rock And Roll - James Brown" ---- 'cause he had CLASS A+.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts