Little early yet but getting the bike out today

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by freakshow10mm, Apr 18, 2007.

1. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Getting my bike out today. Finally. Still is a bit cool but I'll get some tinkering done on it. Hoping to take it to school tomorrow. High of 45 today with 53 tomorrow.

Gotta dump the gas in the tank, refill and get some Sea Foam, recharge the air filter, check the tires, battery. Let it run for a while. Maybe a little run down the road a bit.

60's for highs this weekend so it will be nicer out. Probably take it to the range on Sunday. Waited long time for spring and I think it is here now. Had a three week warm blast to melt all the snow but hen we got 2.5 feet of snow in a blizzard two weeks ago. Roads are clear now and crews are blasting salt and gravel off the roads.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!

3. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

too early???????????????????

Seems like to late to me.:tongueout:

4. FoxMustang

FoxMustang We Deal in Lead

Says the guy in Florida :honkie:

:rofl:

5. NotAMonte86

NotAMonte86

Yeah, I apologize as well.

I didn't know we were supposed to store our bikes!

6. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Dang Floridians! You guys don't realize how lucky you are. I made the 13.5hr trek down to JenningsGP down there in November and again in March to get my fix. :banana:

7. Clydeglide

Clydeglide

Yep, time to put away the Gerbings.

:cool:

8. Dandapani

Dandapani

Wimps. My son rode his KLR650 from Tampa to Columbus, Ohio last Fri-Saturday... :rofl:

9. freakshow10mm

Yeah it sucks. I would love to live where I could ride year round. It isn't so much the cold, it's just the 20-25 feet of snow we get every year.

Hate to have to store the bike but the riding views up here make up for it, sometimes.

10. freakshow10mm

Bike won't start. Been working on it for two days now.

Battery charged overnight. Won't start. Turns over but won't start. Started up and ran for a minute on Wednesday but then died. Started back up right away and then died again. Last year when that happened I charged the battery for 3-4 hours and that was all it took.

FIL pulled the plugs and said no spark. Ok, if the battery doesn't have juice there wouldn't be any spark. Why would there be spark on Wednesday and no spark on Thursday? Doesn't make sense. The plugs are new, I just put them in a few weeks before I stored it. The wires aren't nicked up at all.

I hate mechanical devices. I do not have the patience nor intelligence to work on them. My cure for stuff not working is to work it over with a 15# sledgehammer. I am so angry I can't even think straight. Nice weather finally (60-70's this weekend) and I can't ****ing ride.

I can't wait until I can afford a real bike with FI and modern technology. I am so sick of this POS.

I'd like to check and see if my cycle mechanic in town can go pick it up and **** with it. I just want to scream.

11. freakshow10mm

My BIL got it running today. Something with luck I guess. Said the carbs are probably screwed up from sitting so long (1981 with 16,100mi). Runs fine now, just need some TLC with the carbs. Gotta wait until payday to get that done.

Put a whopping 10.8mi on it today. In town for gas and back home. Going to range tomorrow and will ride there. High of 78*.:banana:

Last week it was 37 for a high.

12. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Glad to hear that it worked out for you. I guess those carbs needed more cleaning than you thought, huh?