Glock Talk banner

List of states that tie CCW to DMV?Is there

1693 Views 26 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Decutor
Is there a list of states that tie CCW to DMV or D.L.?
I saw the list of duty to inform already and that is cool and handy.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Photojournalist
593 Posts
Kentucky

· Watcher.
41,318 Posts
Don't like it,I understand it though.'08.

· Registered
35,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't like it,I understand it though.'08.
Really? Please explain it to me. Those with CCW permits jump through hoops that villains wouldn't, so the officer is at less risk from a permit holder. But it allows officers with axes to grind to, well, I don't like the term harass, let's just say, grind their axes.

Officers don't seem to be murdered at any greater rate in constitutional carry states than in states where permits are linked.

· finishes it...
4,785 Posts
not certain on the state level with regard to dmv/dl specifically; however, the issuing authority for our locale is obviously aware once they run information through their records. It's my understanding that they also provide the data to sister departments of incorporated cities within the boundaries of their region. we're also required to inform irrespective of above.

· Banned
45,550 Posts
MO used to, but don't anymore. It changed last year.

Sent from my stupid smartphone using Tapatalk
You sure about that? I know that the state doesn't handle it anymore, but dumped it off on each sheriff's office.

· In the STL
3,766 Posts
You sure about that? I know that the state doesn't handle it anymore, but dumped it off on each sheriff's office.
Yup, it used to be an endorsement on your drivers license and also show when a cop ran your license.

Now it's a separate card done solely at your county police headquartes. Cops can't tell you have a CCW permit when looking at or running your drivers license.

It's a separate database, not tied into the DMV

· Banned
45,550 Posts
Yup, it used to be an endorsement on your drivers license and also show when a cop ran your license.

Now it's a separate card done solely at your county police headquartes. Cops can't tell you have a CCW permit when looking at or running your drivers license.

It's a separate database, not tied into the DMV

Thanks. Didn't know that.

· Philippians 4: 6-7
12,991 Posts
Georgia does not.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.