Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some of the factory "colored" 19's such as Battlefield Green, Flat Dark Earth, OD Green, etc...all "factory" as far as I know. I would like to get more of them in various other colors, but I don't want to buy an aftermarket cerakoted version that was done by some hack...I'd like the "official" Glock versions (like the Battlefield Green). Is anyone aware of a list of "official" non-black frame colors that Glock has produced over the years? If so, I'd be most grateful to see it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Reactions: glockhoarder

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Looking at the link, a correction on nomenclature. This is based on the labels applied to the boxes applied by glock, rather than names given by vendors.
Grey = Grey Frame
Dark Earth = DE (no FDE)
Green or what people like to call "Battlefield Green"= Green Frame
Glock has referred to DE as FDE in some marketing. And they have used BFG on case labels to indicate Battlefield Green.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glock has referred to DE as FDE in some marketing. And they have used BFG on case labels to indicate Battlefield Green.
The name FDE has been used to describe anything in that color range, I don't find it hard to believe they fell into the fde trap in an article. I can only attest to what comes on the pistol cases. I'd like to see a pic of the box marked bfg. It was Lipsey's way of trying to sex up the lima bean green. My box just said "Green Frame".

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The name FDE has been used to describe anything in that color range, I don't find it hard to believe they fell into the fde trap in an article. I can only attest to what comes on the pistol cases. I'd like to see a pic of the box marked bfg. It was Lipsey's way of trying to sex up the lima bean green. My box just said "Green Frame".
BFG isn’t a Lipseys color, Lipseys only does the FDE and Grey.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I should correct my post. FDE was used on the box label for the original release of the "brown framed glock". Later releases to Lipsey's, Glock labeled the pistol as DE. I've also seen it spelled out as DARK EARTH. As for the BFG, I've never seen the name referenced by glock, only distributors.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I should correct my post. FDE was used on the box label for the original release of the "brown framed glock". Later releases to Lipsey's, Glock labeled the pistol as DE. I've also seen it spelled out as DARK EARTH. As for the BFG, I've never seen the name referenced by glock, only distributors.
These are the one I know about.

Text Font Line Number

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! Thanks for the great (and fast) replies, y'all! As for the Battlefield Green debate, mine has a serial number that begins with BFG - and that can't be a coincidence....if it is, then I guess mine must be more valuable.

Does anyone know about the "Coral" version (it's pink with a stainless colored slide)? Is that a "factory" frame?

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the great (and fast) replies, y'all! As for the Battlefield Green debate, mine has a serial number that begins with BFG - and that can't be a coincidence....if it is, then I guess mine must be more valuable.

Does anyone know about the "Coral" version (it's pink with a stainless colored slide)? Is that a "factory" frame?
Factory frame, maybe. Factory color, no. Likely cerakoted/duracoated. And the only silver slides Glock has done are the 43X and 48 silver slides. And when combined with the 19X, are the only factory slides other than black.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The first thing I noticed about the article is the "Battleworn" part, "...Any other colors (purple, burnt bronze, red & blue, pink, white, Robin’s egg blue, ‘battle worn’, American Flag, dessert sand, etc.) are aftermarket"

My Battleworn has "NIB Battleworn TM Patent Pending" literally engraved into the slide. If that is aftermarket, why would they engrave it into the slide?

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
The first thing I noticed about the article is the "Battleworn" part, "...Any other colors (purple, burnt bronze, red & blue, pink, white, Robin’s egg blue, ‘battle worn’, American Flag, dessert sand, etc.) are aftermarket"

My Battleworn has "NIB Battleworn TM Patent Pending" literally engraved into the slide. If that is aftermarket, why would they engrave it into the slide?
Why would Glock engrave something on the slide about the finish? Vendors do that. NIB isn't a factory finish. Plenty of companies have done NIB on Glocks, some as part of distributor deals.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why would Glock engrave something on the slide about the finish? Vendors do that. NIB isn't a factory finish. Plenty of companies have done NIB on Glocks, some as part of distributor deals.
Point taken....but just for clarity I wasn't referring to NIB-X, I was referring to what was a blue label "battleworn" G19 I received. I just wonder why someone (some company) would go to the trouble of engraving "patent pending" with no reference to any particular company. The default patent would be "Glock", so if there is a distinction, I wonder why an aftermarket or secondary entity would add it without reference to the entity.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Point taken....but just for clarity I wasn't referring to NIB-X, I was referring to what was a blue label "battleworn" G19 I received. I just wonder why someone (some company) would go to the trouble of engraving "patent pending" with no reference to any particular company. The default patent would be "Glock", so if there is a distinction, I wonder why an aftermarket or secondary entity would add it without reference to the entity.
Can you post a pic of the case label?

·
Premium Member
8,281 Posts

The only reason that I bought a "Battle Worn Flag" was because of the unique SN run.

·
Premium Member
8,281 Posts
Reactions: FireMedic-50
1 - 20 of 49 Posts