List of Active Shooter Incidents?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by msu_grad_121, Mar 3, 2010.

1. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Hey everybody, I'm hoping you guys can help me out again. I'm updating my Active Shooter class, and as part of it, I list all the incidents that fit our criteria since Columbine.

Anyway, I've got the Fort Hood shooting in November '09, and the U of A Huntsville in February '10, but for some reason I feel like I'm missing some incidents between or even after those. Anyone know of any that I'm omitting?

Just to clarify, here's what I'm looking for: Any incidents after November 5, 2009 involving the shooting or attempted shooting of more than one victim, within the USA. I know, I know, there are plenty of these types of incidents outside our borders, but my admin only worries about those that take place here (and in truth, only those within our state).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

2. tank mechanic

tank mechanic

February 23, 2010

On Tuesday, February 23, 2010, a 32 year old gunman, identfied as Bruco Strongeagle Eastwood, opened fire on students at Deer Creek Middle School at 3:30 pm (MST) as school was being let out in Littleton, Colorado. The gunman was later tackled by a math teacher and the teacher turned him into the police when they arrived on scene. The gunman shot and injured two students at the school before he was taken into custudy

3. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

4. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

5. metal

metal

MSU Grad? go hang out at Harpo's for a few weekends, you'll see one. I was there twice when people were killed out front. (late 80's early 90's) I'm sure it's improved since :whistling:

6. RPD07

RPD07

Great example of an officer's response to an active shooter: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4837676/

It doesn't quite fit in the "typical" active shooter scenario in that the gunman does not "give up" or commit suicide when confronted. Also, due to the agency involved (small town, 1 officer working at the time) he must take immediate action....ALONE.

It wasn't in the wikipedia list of shooting but I believe it is a great example showing that 1) an immediate response to such scenarios is needed, and 2) sometimes, action MUST be taken without immediate backup.

7. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

No thanks, not since I went to that ICP concert there back some years ago. Harpos still looks like a war zone, at least it did last year when I saw it from 94. Ugh, no thanks.

8. RMolina628

RMolina628 got a job!

Harpo's is still a mess, a couple of guys from college went down there recently and left within an hour because it was getting that out of control.

9. JBaird22

JBaird22

You forget about the earliest active shooter and that was Moses Lake, WA in 1996. I think right next to Jonesborough, Arkansas in recent times in the U.S. I think no matter the quantity of the killing intended, if someones shooting in a mass victim zone, its an active shooter.

10. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

I know that you're concerned primarily with state-side stuff, but if you aren't touching upon the type of attack seen in Beslan in 2004, you need to be. Something like that is coming our way, it's only a matter of time. Patrol cops need to know the difference.

11. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Working. AGAIN!

12. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

While I agree that we should be looking at incidents such as Beslan and the hotel deals in India (or at least I think it was India), the bosses adopt the philosophy that "it won't happen here" and just ignore those incidents.

Now I will say that when I went thru the class, it wasn't designed for a situation involving THAT many terrorists and THAT many hostages. To be honest, I'm just glad we have some kind of a plan in place, even if its the most basic, mutton-head plan. From my point of view, its all about baby steps, and right now we're trying to get up and moving with the program to begin with.

Thanks for all the help, guys! I appreciate it!

13. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT

Bah, saw Static-X at Harpos a little while ago - it ain't THAT scary. LOL

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  14. metal

metal

LOL me too I'm TTA on Motown BTW :)

15. snair

snair

trolley square salt lake city utah feb 12 2007

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010