close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Linux app needed.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by lomfs24, Mar 17, 2006.

1. lomfs24

lomfs24

I am pretty sure this topic has not been discussed before. At least in the last few years I have been at this site I haven't seen it. Not too long ago I was introduced to the wonderful and exciting world of FX (Forex or Foriegn Currency Exchange). Long story short, it's where you buy or sell one type of currency at spot prices for another type, wait for the market to move in your direction and then close your position. It's like day trading stocks only on steroids.

Anyway, all the online trading desks I have seen are for window only. There are some web-based trading stations but they leave a lot to be desired. Has anyone seen or heard of a trading desk for Linux? I am about to go live and with the kind of money on the line that this markets tends to use, I would rather not use a Windows machine if I didn't have to.

I would like to find a Linux version of Metatrader 4 or something similar to that if there is such a critter.

Thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction. I will try linuxquestions.org too.

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

3. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

I can't help with the software, but I'm curious as to the results you're getting from trading FOREX. If you have time, please let me know either here or through PM.

Thanks!

4. lomfs24

lomfs24

I have looked at stock miner before and you are right, it won't work. The other one is a load if indicators and EA's for Metatrader 4 (I think) Think of them as add on's to an existing piece of software. So, while they will be helpful for my Metatrader 4 program and I thank you for the link, they will not work for what I need them to do.

5. lomfs24

lomfs24

I'll send you a message off list.