Glock 19 Limp Wristing

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Staffordshire, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Staffordshire

Staffordshire

Took my son shooting for the second time today. The first time he shot my Glock 19 and 43 he didn't experience any failures. Today, however, he was having failure to feed in both. I also shot both but didn't experience any failures.

My guess is that the first time he shot two weeks ago, he gripped the pistols solidly since he didn't know what to expect. Today, I think he got comfortable and more focused on his sights and the target, and relaxed his grip.

I told him to go a little higher on his grip and keep firmness. No more failures after that.

porschedog, Paul53 and LT2108 like this.
  2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

sound advice

porschedog and Paul53 like this.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Yep. Pretty standard. The only people who doubt limp wristing are the ones who have never shot with a new shooter and seen this demonstration. In General Glocking, of course, most people "know" it doesn't exist and their gun needs to be sent back to Glock.

Mike-M, Lawdog3 and Paul53 like this.
  4. Staffordshire

Staffordshire

I think that many times it has little to do with grip strength as my son is stronger than me. But, in many activities/sports, relaxing and being fluid is the key to success. You would never squeeze a basketball, and firm your wrists before shooting a free throw.

RustyRyan likes this.
  5. cciman

cciman MacGyver

On gun discussion forums, it is never the fault of the owner, shooter, or ammo--- it is always, despite all logic, by default, blamed on the gun.

You are bucking the status quo. Must re-write that paragraph.

porschedog likes this.
  6. Staffordshire

Staffordshire

All 124gr Ammo. 6 boxes of Winchester Nato and one box of Blazer brass. He's an athlete, and very coachable. He seemed to understand immediately and correct. I've seen enough vids of limp wristing to believe that it happens.

DJ Niner likes this.
  7. n2877

n2877

Interesting (strokes beard). I feel the need to test this out for myself with my 19. I don't have the 43. But I do know limp writing can be an issue with the 42. But I have a feeling that was his issue. Also it's nice to see your kid is teachable. Nice advice on his shooting. Stop the bad habits early

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

8. Staffordshire

Staffordshire

I wouldn't say I'm qualified to give much advice as I've only been shooting less than a year.

I've also seen vids where the person can't make the gun misfire with a limp wrist. Maybe Military Arms Channel? But my guess is that his gun has thousands of rounds through it and will shoot regardless. Of course, by saying that it brings up whether or not Glocks have a break-in???

Mine are all relatively new. I have got them to misfeed shooting left handed with a loose grip (19 and 22)

9. Mike-M

Mike-M

Infirm hold of the light frame (like a Glock) of a recoil-operated auto-pistol (like a Glock) reduces the slide's recoil velocity relative to the frame. That ALWAYS makes pistol malfunction more likely.

Those who dispute that plainly do NOT understand the physics of how a recoil-operated auto-pistol works nor what interferes with proper function. There are many such folk on gun forums everywhere. Ignore them all. :)

10. Krav Maglock

Krav Maglock

images.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  11. Climbhard

Climbhard

I’m on the verge of going master in USPSA and I’m still learning how to grip the gun. One day I’ll be able to shoot pretty good.

MNBud likes this.