Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love my Glock first and foremost. Some friends and I were talking guns at work and each one of us have our favorite. One of the guys made an interesting point.

S&W, HK, SIG, FNH all are great manufactures. They all offer in some form or other, their brand of various popular configurations i.e. S/A, DA/SA, DAO and some with decocker levers. Heck all those manufactures also make excellent rifles too and have not suffered from the infamous ..."quality will suffer if they stray from making good handguns, syndrome"

Wouldn'tit be nice to see Glock branch out and offer special feature Glocks in DA/SA with a decocker? Or a DA/SA with a decocker only (no safety option) They have made billions so financing a specialty section of Glock wouldn't be a problem and there is definately a LEO market for DA/SA decocker handguns. I just read the thread about Glock possibly offering an adjustable/swapable back strap like many high quality gun makers do.

I expect the die hards will object to it (thats a given) but I know a few LEO's that love Glocks and also love DA/SA handguns. I think the CHP carries the (heavy) Stainless steel S&W4006TSW with its DA/SA decocker options? I bet they would love a lighter gun to carry all day.

I am sure S&W, HK and SIG hope Glock never does this since they would probably take a huge part of the market share?

And who here on Glock Talk wouldnt want to buy a Glock made rifle? If HK can do it so can Glock!!! And not another AR but something advanced like a Glock version of an FN SCAR or Bushmaster ACR? Just a thought?

·
Packers fan
2,478 Posts
I own two DA/SA Sigs and two DA/SA HK USP's. I prefer my Glocks.

If Glock made a DA/SA, that's great for some people, but personally I wouldn't buy it. One of the things I like about Glock is the consistent trigger pull. Another is the short trigger reset, which none of the box-stock DA/SA pistols have.

·
Packers fan
2,478 Posts
No, Glock is already the #1 supplier for LE in the United States, which means Safe Action is already the action of choice for LE. If LE wanted DA/SA that badly they've had many options like HK, Sig, etc. for years and years. I don't see any evidence that there is any more demand for it than already exists.

·
Premium Member
10,809 Posts
Rifle...yes. but why remake the glock pistol? why conform to what other company's make. glock bought to to the us market a pistol that wasn't like the other pistols on the market thats why there so popular other than there simple and they work.

·
Premium Member
42,248 Posts
Do you think they would sell truck loads of them to LEO's though?
They already sell "truck loads of them to LEO's"
If you want a SA/DA with a decocker,......get a Sig!

·
Registered
188 Posts
yup, i hear you. but i'd gladly settle for an OEM .22 Glock

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I don't think the market for them would be that big. Sure, you might get some "converts" from other makes that want a DA/SA or decocker, but what those really do is add more parts, taking away from the simplicity of the Glock and increase the chances of failure. Look at what happened with some of the SF models, which are a simple change to the backstrap.

As others have said, Glock is already the LEO standard. Add all of the civilian and military guns that they sell and there's really no reason to do anything different.

Even things as simple as the OD frames, which so many people on here covet, do not have the demand to justify a larger portion of production.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to see Glock flex its engineering muscle and build an AR killer. After all your handgun is what you use to fight your way to your rifle. It would be nice to have Glock reliability and durability in a rifle made by one of our favorite firearms manufactures to compliment out beloved Glock pistol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts