Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this program? I had it on my computer and used to be able to use it but now it won't connect. When I do a search a pop up comes up saying its trying to connect and searches wont be complete till it connects.
The connection bars in the lower left are red. Tried turning off the firewall (added lime wire as an exception) but still nothing.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
You're asking to get infected if you use Limewire.

·
Registered
27,983 Posts
You're asking to get infected if you use Limewire.
For a Windows user, this is very true...

I've always used Frostwire, which is more or less just the open source counterpart of Limewire, and it has always worked great for me. Never had a problem w/ spyware, viruses, etc. but use at your own risk..

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I've used this program as recently as last week and it worked. Could it be that your ISP is blocking connections from P2P programs?

·
Registered
27,983 Posts
Thats a possibility, but is it possible you're using an outdated version, and you just need to download/install the newest version?

·
Footlong Jr.
1,953 Posts
This won't fix the limeware problem.. which is working for me as we speak.. but.. my 2 cents on this kind of hanky panky... :whistling:

You should do it in a Virtual Machine.. that way if anything goes wrong.. like an infection.. or an inspection.. you can just delete the entire virtual machine... disk and all... and start over..

just trying to help.. :whistling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts