close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

limewire problems

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by smeet5150, Feb 11, 2006.

1. smeet5150

smeet5150 Southern Son

after recently reinstalling windows and all of my other programs i can't get limewire to connect to the internet. i checked all of my firewall settings and everthing seems to be kosher. any of y'all had this problem before or know what to do to help me out???? thanks

smeet

2. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I still use kazaa and have always had much better luck. Do a google search or use versiontracker.com to get Kazaa Lite version 2.4.3

That version shows about 2.5 million members sharing almost 200 million files.

3. powasky

powasky

Sometimes my Limewire takes quite a while to connect to the internet. Othe times its instantaneous. Turn it on, and walk away from the comp. Go get lunch or something. See if it's on when you get back.

4. nickg

nickg

true.

look at the red bars at the bottom left corner of the screen. the more green bars, the better your connection.

and go to the top of the screen and check and make sure that you are connected. a few times i still had to "connect" even though i opened the program.

5. bluemeanie

bluemeanie Lospeedhidrag

Glad I did a search, I was about to post the very same question. Windows firewall is disabled, "realtime protection" is turned off in windows defender, and Norton is configured to allow communication with limewire. Guess I'll just wait awhile....

6. bluemeanie

bluemeanie Lospeedhidrag

Hmmm. Thirty minutes, no connection. In the lower left corner of the limewire window, there's a little wall icon and holding the cursor over it a little bubble appears saying "limewire has detected a firewall". New suggestions?

7. GLOCKFAN4LIFE

GLOCKFAN4LIFE

try to download from another source and delete it in control panel then your registry and reinstall..happens alot with reformatts...

8. bluemeanie

bluemeanie Lospeedhidrag

Can I get away without messing with the registry? I'm not a savvy enough windows user to do that. If it is necessary, I have some local tech-support who'll work for beer.