close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Limbaugh: I’m Moving to Costa Rica If . . .

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Carolina Drifter, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

Limbaugh: I’m Moving to Costa Rica If . . .

The nation’s leading radio host Rush Limbaugh said Tuesday that he would leave the United States for medical care if President Barack Obama’s healthcare plan is passed and implemented – a comment that was erroneously reported as meaning he’d permanently move to the Central American nation of Costa Rica.

Liberals who don’t like the conservative Limbaugh’s vociferous criticism of President Obama’s policies seized on the comment to tout Costa Rica’s socialized medical system, Limbaugh responded on this own Web site that they had misunderstood him once again.

The acclaimed book that finally acknowledges and explains America’s true and proud history.

"So a guy calls up and says, ‘If all this happens, what are you going to do?’" Limbaugh wrote on his Web site.

“And I said, ‘Well, if doctors are not permitted to opt out of the government insurance pool and so forth, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever it is, and if they're not allowed to establish a private practice with private sector patients paying their own way, then I'll go to Costa Rica.’"

“Well, that has been turned into I'm going to leave the country for Costa Rica and move there if Obamacare passes,” Rush continued. “I've had all kinds of reporters: ‘Are you serious? Do you really mean this?’ So I've had to patiently explain today to people who do not bother to stay informed on this stuff what the genesis and the primary context of my comment was.

Limbaugh explained that many insurance companies are making contingency plans to move to Costa Rica if Obamacare passes. Costa Rica is increasingly becoming a destination spot for many Baby Boomer retirees.

“I said, ‘Look, there are insurance companies who don't want to be put out of business.’ We've talked to them on the program. I've talked to them privately. They are establishing healthcare clinics with quality doctors in places like Costa Rica. They're going to continue to sell policies to people who have the ability to fly down there and get treatment.

“If I have to get thrown into this massive government health care insurance business and end up going to the driver's license office every day when I need to go to the doctor, yeah, I'll go to Costa Rica for treatment, not move there.

“So they're just in a tizzy out there, between Costa Rica and Eric Massa. So -- (laughing) -- it's going to be a fun day. Heck, it already is a fun day."

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

2. happy seal

happy seal

At least he could get his oxy's down there! :whistling:

3. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Hummm, is Costa Rica a good place to live?

4. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

If you love bugs of the crawling and flying variety, it's heaven on earth.

5. vart

vart

I know of a couple of families that have moved down there the past couple of years...

They haven't come back yet; not sure if that's good thing or bad thing...:whistling:

6. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Nope I don't care for bugs that much. I guess I'll just stay here and deal with it.:dunno:

7. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I'm not sure which I'd rather have...Rush or government medical care. I'm leaning toward government medical care.

Greg

8. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

but would he still let carbonite backup his files from there

9. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Rush says he doesn't do that any longer.

Little o says he doesn't do cocaine any longer either.

One's just a guy on the radio, and anyone who doesn't want to listen or doesn't like or agree with him can change the station, make fun of him, call him names, even threaten to harm him...without govt agents coming after them...........or they could just turn the radio off and he's out of one's life.

The other is the President of the United States, and makes decisions for every one of us...........and implements polices for our Country, whether one likes him and his polices.........or not. Absolutely nothing they can do about it for several years.

Gosh, let me see........................:dunno:

10. lbckid19

lbckid19

i hate when people say if this or that happens I'm moving out of the U.S. Way to be an american and persevere through hard times! People sell out so easy these days. if you can say goodbye so easy, we don't want you

11. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Word brother! (Go Angels!)

12. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Since he didn't say that, who are you referring to?

13. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

America; love or leave it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  14. cabindriver

cabindriver NRA Life Member

Who are you talking about?

15. DeltaEliteMan

DeltaEliteMan Leave the gas.

Costa Rica has a good IDPA scene which is cool!

16. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

I don't know what exact context Rush is referring to, but Costa Rica is an option for those without health insurance such as the self employed.

A serious problem that requires weekly visits would be impossible. Something like knee replacement surgery would be a no-brainer for me if I had no insurance.

You might drop $30,000-$65,000 to have some guy from Bangalore do it in the good old USA, but might spend only $10,000-$12,000 in Costa Rica having it done by an experienced Doctor.

Do the math. Even with insurance, you'd still drop $5000 in the USA. I'm sure plenty of self employed contractors without families skip health insurance monthly payments, and would end up with better/cheaper care without waiting in line in one of Barry's one stop "ObamaMart"s for their mortgage/food/appliance and F150 rebates/health care shopping needs. The lines will be very long.

17. sjf

sjf

Martin Sheen :tongueout:

18. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

You can try dude, you can try.

19. lbckid19

lbckid19

just people in general. I heard that term tossed around a few times
    ( especially when obama and hillary were running for president) and i found it a bit annoying. As to rush, i didn't read the entire original post so he probably didn't say that I just wanted to put a thought out there. Some of you guys are so quick to correct and critisize...........geeeez:upeyes:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  20. TuxthePenguin

TuxthePenguin

Bye ya fat, racist, hypocrite.