Glock Talk banner

Light polishing of Glock firing pin- Any downside?

8815 25
Having watched and done the Glock "25 cent trigger job" I was wondering if there is any advantage or disadvantage to gently polishing the entire Glock firing pin. No metal removal, of course, just a smoother finish for less resistance. Good results on the polishing and better still with an OEM Glock "-" connector and then an Overwatch DAT trigger.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Reactions: TUCCI
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Crusty Member
11,229 Posts
I disagree about the part about it making no improvement, but do agree, if you f'it up, you will create an unsafe and illegal situation. Nobody likes FA when they're expecting a single bang.

A gentle polishing of everything that moves during trigger pull will smooth and lighten the pull. By gentle, I mean a polish like Flitz on a cotton rag, working with your hands. It's too easy with a rotary tool to go way too far too fast.

· Crusty Member
11,229 Posts
Every little bit helps. With no aftermarket parts, and nothing other than polishing (i.e. no drilling holes to reposition the trigger spring), my old Gen3 G34 breaks at just under 4lbs on my Lyman digital gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.