Glock Talk banner

Light polishing of Glock firing pin- Any downside?

8813 25
Having watched and done the Glock "25 cent trigger job" I was wondering if there is any advantage or disadvantage to gently polishing the entire Glock firing pin. No metal removal, of course, just a smoother finish for less resistance. Good results on the polishing and better still with an OEM Glock "-" connector and then an Overwatch DAT trigger.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Reactions: TUCCI
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,887 Posts
If you’re mechanically inclined and can afford a 35 dollar risk, you can take a pass or two on the lug face with some 800 grit sandpaper. Key is to keep the angle EXCTLY the same, peferably use a flat piece of glass under the sandpaper. Idea would be to remove any burrs or tooling marks. If it goes full machine pistol and you shoot your eye out, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
No doubt there are specs for firing pin protrusion and depth of impact on cases. I would not want to exceed either for safety reasons. With a new pin tip wear is doubtful, but are there other causes?
No way polishing changed strike depth. My guess for that situation is either

1) Something was assembled wrong (springs/cups) and was put back together correctly after the polish job

2) The firing pin channel had garbage or oil and it was cleaned before reassembly

3) Perhaps poster switched from Russian primers to Federals after the polish job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.