Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 yrs on day shift and 6 yrs in investigation I'll be going to night shift as of 01/2016. It meaning a promotion to LT.

I've never use a weapon mounted light. I'm looking to replace my Safariland 070 with a level III holster and a light. What would you recommend. I'm looking at the SL 6360 or 6365.

·
Cover is Code 3
4,275 Posts
6360 and TLR-1

The TLR might be argued by some on here but I doubt anyone will argue the 6360. It is kind of low ride though, compared to the SSIII 070. You may have to buy a higher belt loop assembly ($8) to be comfortable. I made the same switch and had to.

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Safariland 7360, Streamlight TLR1-HL.

The 7360 is an updated version of the 6360. I think it's a superior holster due to the changes they made, but a 6360 would do you just fine as well if you insist on the older style. Either one will be a great improvement over your 070.

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just ordered an Alex and Ryan kryptex for my g23 w/RMR and TLR-1. A little expensive ($120) but every one I've bought has been great.

·
Hook 'Em Up
4,212 Posts
/thread

I know that the Surefire is a good light, but cost effectiveness of the Streamlight is a no-brainer. Streamlight makes good lights too, and has been making them for cops for the last 40+ years. They are proven.

Sent from my mobile communication device...

·
Registered
292 Posts

The 7360 is an updated version of the 6360. I think it's a superior holster due to the changes they made, but a 6360 would do you just fine as well if you insist on the older style. Either one will be a great improvement over your 070.
This would be my recommendation as well. Congrats on the promotion.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've been a midnight guy for 13yrs

Safariland 6360 all the way and my TLR-1 has been bomb proof. Streamlight has stood behind their product and I have never had an issue with their customer service or their performance.

The 7360 is the newest version, but due to its contours and mold probably not the smoothest looking uniform spec holster

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I have the 6360 with TLR-1HL and it has been great. I am switching to the 7360 next year when I buy new duty gear (over 15 years old and I've lost over 50 lbs)

·
Registered
370 Posts
+1 for the 6360 with TLR1HL. Holster and light are bomb proof.

·
Way too busy
5,152 Posts
6360 and TLR-1

The TLR might be argued by some on here but I doubt anyone will argue the 6360. It is kind of low ride though, compared to the SSIII 070. You may have to buy a higher belt loop assembly ($8) to be comfortable. I made the same switch and had to.
I prefer the 6390, I think the hood is overkill..

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,644 Posts
6360/6365 or 7360/7365 and a TLR-1 weapon light

DO NOT get a 6280 holster.

Tip: if the holster number ends in a "5" it has a plate attachment to your belt that places your sidearm 1.5" lower than a holster that ends on a "0". Otherwise they are exactly the same and you can interchange the "5" plate with a "0" plate (They call them UBL ~ Universal Belt Loop) for just a few dollars.

·
Cover is Code 3
4,275 Posts
I just ordered an Alex and Ryan kryptex for my g23 w/RMR and TLR-1. A little expensive ($120) but every one I've bought has been great.
He's asking about a duty holster. This is COP TALK. I'm assuming you wandered in this thread by accident thinking it was the Trump thread or something?

Reactions: COLOSHOOTR

·
Cover is Code 3
4,275 Posts
I prefer the 6390, I think the hood is overkill..
You can ditch the hood by removing 2 allen bolts. I did. I'd actually forgotten about that. The hood is stupid.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

Uh yup....this. I prefer the 7360 to the 6360 myself.

·
Cover is Code 3
4,275 Posts
6360 and TLR-1

I use a 6360 and a TLR1 on the issued G22.
This would be my recommendation as well. Congrats on the promotion.
I've been a midnight guy for 13yrs

Safariland 6360 all the way and my TLR-1 has been bomb proof. Streamlight has stood behind their product and I have never had an issue with their customer service or their performance.
I have the 6360 with TLR-1HL and it has been great.
+1 for the 6360 with TLR1HL. Holster and light are bomb proof.
6360/6365 or 7360/7365 and a TLR-1 weapon light
Safariland 6360 and TLR-1.
"I am the smartest man alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

·
Registered
899 Posts
The light holster conversation was recently brought up on another firearms related forum that I occasionally peek at (geared more towards precision long guns) and the conversation was a bit different. It's funny how most the guys here that actually work the streets and carry a gun for a living all seem to vote TLR-1. Yet, the armchair commandos will flip out and tell it's a piece of junk if it doesn't say Surefire on it. That's why Cop Talk is a nice place to visit.

I also use a TLR-1HL and it's a great light. It is crazy bright and people on the other end are totally blinded when you light them up. The beam lights up entire rooms too so it's almost like searching with the lights on in most houses and offices. I don't even know what holster model I have anymore though but it's a Safariland with ALS.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The light holster conversation was recently brought up on another firearms related forum that I occasionally peek at (geared more towards precision long guns) and the conversation was a bit different. It's funny how most the guys here that actually work the streets and carry a gun for a living all seem to vote TLR-1. Yet, the armchair commandos will flip out and tell it's a piece of junk if it doesn't say Surefire on it. That's why Cop Talk is a nice place to visit.

I also use a TLR-1HL and it's a great light. It is crazy bright and people on the other end are totally blinded when you light them up. The beam lights up entire rooms too so it's almost like searching with the lights on in most houses and offices. I don't even know what holster model I have anymore though but it's a Safariland with ALS.

I've smashed and beat my two TLR-1's for the last 3 years solid, they keep on chugging.I have the standard model on my pistol and an HL on my rifle. I'd have an HL on my pistol but they came out after i bought my first tlr. Most of the guys i know working are running TLR's. The only police i know running the surefires are the state police where i'm at. Probably because that's what they are issued......along with the 6360 holster.

Surefire makes great lights, but the TLR series is impossible to beat for the money.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts