close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Light for an older Glock 23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by morrima, Feb 8, 2007.

1. morrima

morrima

Can anyone recomend a light for an older Glock 23 that does not have accessory rails? I can't seem to find anything that I'm happy with and I'm almost to the point of having Glock replace my handle... though I really don't want to.

2. been there

been there

The only way Glock will replace a frame is if there is a defect present, and it then will have a new serial number, so it will have to go through an FFL, just like a new purchase.

3. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

but isnt the serial # on a plate in the grip, ie it could be popped out and put into another base model piece ? ..

but ya i came into this problem too .. i have a 2nd gen 22 .. no rail or anything .. only way to do it is to learn to shoot while holding a flash light ..or get something else with a tac rail

4. been there

been there

5. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

okay .. that makes sense .. i know on some sites .. you need ffl to order that part .. and not to mention its like half the cost of a new gun anyway .. im a little dissapointed at not having a rail .. but im living with it .. ill throw a surefire on my 870 or something .. but i find it just as easy to hold a light and gun ..

6. been there

been there

One last thought. Before Glock introduced their 3rd Gen pistols, they offered a magazine floorplate light holder. You replaced the original floorplate with one that had a 1" adjustable flash light holder (ring). They were made by Glock, but they disappeared when the Gen 3 models came out. Maybe you can put your hands on one of these.

7. morrima

morrima

Actually I called Glock to see if they could suggest a manufacturer and they were the ones that told me I could get the handle replaced for $150 with the only downside being that my serial numbers would not match up again.

8. been there

been there

I'm sure you realize that by the time you pay for overnight UPS shipping, plus the $150, plus whatever your FFL dealer is going to charge you, etc., you'll have spent more than the transaction is worth. You'd be much better off trading your pistol in for a Gen 3 pistol.

9. morrima

morrima

true.. and truthfully I like the grip on the older glocks better...I guess I'll just get a second glock! Now how to break the news to my wife.....

10. GlockDiver

GlockDiver

11. bbsmyers

bbsmyers

In the newest Brownells catalog there is an aftermarket light rail for early model Glocks. It requires installation, but it beats buying a new frame. Part number is 078-000-079, $59.95, page number 273.:thumbsup:

12. morrima

morrima

Thanks! Unfortunately this one only fits 17's and 19's but at least I know there are options out there!