Life in California.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by clancy, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Bus007

Bus007

Merle Haggard was from just outside of Bakersfield.

pgg00 and CAcop like this.
  2. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

I lived in Davenport, IA. Winter of 76-77.

3. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

You could have, or should have, just stopped at "I'm hostile". And that is exactly the type of people places like Texas DO NOT WANT. Your "my way is the best and only way" attitude is not appreciated, wanted, or desired. I'm begging you.. PLEASE stay in California..

So, based on your assumption, I'm now a "narrow minded bigot" simply because I don't want aggressive, hostile, people here in my state... What's that noise? Oh, it's your mirror calling you.. Something about your words applying to the reflection therein.

You are so arrogant that you believe that anyone else outside of that ****hole you call home cares about what you people from that ****hole think or feel... Can you see how detached you are from everyone else around you? No.. You can't.. That's why the rest of the 49 states DO NOT WANT YOU HERE. Again, I'm begging you... PLEASE just stay where you are.. You will be miserable anywhere else, and far worse, you will make those around you miserable when you move here/there (away from Cali).

Being a "Californian" is MUCH WORSE than being called a Democrat.. However, both are notable derogatory terms. Almost on par with, but slightly worse than, a racial slur.. and deservedly so. You "guys" have EARNED that negativity..

Actually YOU are attacking a lot of people who are just randomly reading these posts and have no real dog in the fight.. I live in Texas. I am reading your replies and instantly feel that I DO NOT WANT YOU AS MY NEIGHBOR. You are overly aggressive, and quick to jump to personal insults. I don't know you, and have nothing against you... But your impressions in this one post tell me that you are a POISON to anywhere you might go... Please... Please... Stay in California... I know you won't because what you want to do is more important than anything else in this world... But I'm still begging you to stay where you are. It's nice, and pleasant, and easy-going out here.. NOTHING you want to be a part of.. People speak kindly to each other. We check in our neighbors. We care about our community. I see NONE of this in your replies on this post. I see that you are a cancer that wants to spread out and destroy other safe, unaffected, states around you.... PLEASE.. Just stay where you are.

Trebore and Bus007 like this.
  4. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

I could show you some great things about California but our overlords would shriek at the sight of a well filled bikini.

mpnpga, pgg00, Trebore and 1 other person like this.
  5. sombunya

Another person who speaks for all of Texas. You don't consider that arrogant? Begging me to please stay in California. You're pathetic. That's a "my way is the best way" attitude if there ever was one. Yes, I do jump quickly at personal insults. I think most would. Glad you recognize that. You call me a "poison wherever I go", "a cancer that wants to spread out and destroy other safe, unaffected states around me." I would tell you what you sound like but I'd risk getting banned.

You too read things into my post that aren't there. Show me where I said that.
    (I know you won't because you can't)

Who sounds arrogant? I've lived on a cul de sac for 30 years, own my home. The only neighbors I don't get along with are one house (out of twelve) where they have moved in recently and I've never met. We had a block party last 4th of July. It was good. Yes, you not only sound arrogant, you sound like a p***y. Definitely not a Texan as I know them.

I see. So it's not just me, it's everyone from "cali". The most appropriate name I can think of for people like you is bigot.

Wrong. I'm attacking people who make it personal. People like you. I actually have a friend at work from Texas. He's a great guy and encourages me to move there. Then there's a very lightly moderated forum called Accurate Reloading/Political Forum that has the absolutely raunchiest, foul mouthed Leftists I have ever engaged with. They're from Austin. Kind of strange for a gun board to have such prolific, Biden loving Leftists present, but there all all kinds everywhere.

I'll say it again; there are good, Conservative people living in San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis etc. I don't believe, or even label, all people from a certain place as being this way or that. You've made it clear you do exactly that. Anyone so dim to think everyone from someplace are all like this or like that, that's called broad brushing, and that person doesn't deserve to have their opinions considered. You say you don't want me as your neighbor? I'm quite sure I don't want you as my neighbor.

When you say the other 49 states don't want people like me or others from California, yes, you're indeed a narrow minded bigot. Very colorful writing there about my mirror calling me, by the way.

This is worth repeating:
    You're talking to every Californian on this board.

This is also good:
    Stop your trembling. I don't want to live in Texas.

This whole s*** storm started when I commented how I wanted to move away from this insane asylum when I retire. Some smart ass started in on how F'd up all Californians are.

I'll tell you what; keep begging me to stay in "cali" (that's what the illegal aliens here call this state), say it a few more times: "I'm begging you to stay", and I'll consider it. (no, I won't)

6. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

A joke I have heard from native Bakersfieldians MANY times:

Q: What is the second biggest city in Oklahoma?
    A: Bakersfield California

I have also heard Bakersfield locals refer to their region as a slice of West Texas (or something like that.) When I drove across West Texas a few years back I understood the reference: the terrain and ubiquitous oil rigs looked just like Kern County.

pgg00, HarlDane, CAcop and 3 others like this.
  7. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

What is sadly amusing is there are more hard core conservatives and gun owners in California than in a whole lot of red/conservative states.

It makes as much sense to paint every Californian with a broad brush labeling us San Francisco liberals as it does to paint all of America as being ANTIFA.

MikeG22, HarlDane and CAcop like this.
  8. Wojo88

Wojo88

It could be there are more hard core gun owners because of the total population of CA, 38M?. See the attached census for voter registration. Democrat registration compared to Republican registration is heavily weighted towards democrats. What is interesting, I realized after seeing this is the Republican registration over the years has been dwindling. Perhaps this is why the perception of CA from out of staters is this way.

https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/ror/123day-gen-2020/historical-reg-stats.pdf

Trebore likes this.
  9. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Well of course.

The liberal urban centers of California hold huge sway over the entire country. In large part your movies, television and music are all produced and propagandized by those same liberal urban centers of California.

Los Angeles county alone has more people than are in any of these states in blue; and has a higher population than something like a dozen or so of the smallest population states combined.

[​IMG]

10. Trebore

Trebore

11. reniram

reniram

pgg00, HarlDane and CAcop like this.
  12. reniram

reniram

Bus007 and CAcop like this.
  13. sombunya

You obviously understand it.

I’m also quite familiar with the Sierra Nevada, I work for LADWP, Water Operations. Everyone in the Owens Valley hated DWP, until they got hired on.

CAcop likes this.
  14. HarlDane

HarlDane

I live in rural Fresno County.

Bus007 likes this.
  15. reniram

reniram

Obviously things have changed over the years in CA. One of my friends grew up in San Francisco. His father did as well and remembers how there was a rifle club at his high school. The kids who were members would bring their rifles to school for practice.

On a side note it's a bit of misnomer to call many counties in CA "shall issue". As long as you still have to articulate "good cause" and the sheriff has the authority to issue or not based on a subjective definition of "moral character" those counties are not "shall issue". A newly elected sheriff could change that overnight, and the state could easily preempt the issuance of carry permits though democrat legislative action or a democrat governor's executive order.

CAcop likes this.
  16. HarlDane

HarlDane

If someone woke up in Kern County unexpectedly, they would swear they were in the Texas oil patch or somewhere in Oklahoma. With oil wells dotting the dry hot scrub-land, a bunch of gun toting rednecks blasting Haggard from their pickups and everyone talking about the upcoming HS football season, most could never tell the difference.

CAcop, pgg00 and Bus007 like this.
  17. HarlDane

HarlDane

There are counties will shall issue policies and that can not be undone through executive order by the Governor.

I'm curious as to what States you are aware of that have CCW laws that can't be changed by new legislation?

CAcop likes this.
  18. reniram

reniram

California is a may issue state. There is not a single county in California that is shall issue. They all require an applicant to articulate "good cause" and they all require a sheriff to determine if the applicant is of "good moral character". Some sheriffs have decided that self-defense is acceptable as good cause, but a new sheriff could change that at the drop of a hat. Not saying it will happen, but it could. Obviously all states have laws that could be changed by legislation, but it's much more difficult politically in a constitutional carry state than it is in a may issue state where permit issuance is based on the whims of local LEAs.

19. HarlDane

HarlDane

When people refer to counties in California as shall issue, they are referring to the current Sheriff's policy. It's a way to differentiate the extreme differences in policies between places like LA and SF and places like Fresno County. We all know what that means, we don't need you to explain the details to us. We all live in places where CCW can be eliminated with a few votes and a signature and yes, some places that is easier to do than others.

CAcop and pgg00 like this.