close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

license renewal

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jasonub, Feb 4, 2005.

1. jasonub

jasonub

Hi bogs,

Here is my question. Im used to renewing my fa license via "hindi nagpakita" i spend around 2t plus, all i do is fill up the form and give the necessary pictures and sign under the dotted lines.

for a 40 cal license how much will i spend if i go there myself? I heard you will only spend half a day to finish the license and immediately get the card. To top it all you will only spend less than 1500. Which includes gun safety,license fee and something else fee.

how true is this? anybody renew his license via going to crame? hassle pa ba or is it easy and cheap?

ty

2. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

I tried it. Last time I did it (I believe early last year) I just paid less than P 1,500. The amount includes the license, tax and bond and I think the card (i don't remember it that much anymore). I just brought my old license and a current gun safety seminar.

It used to be a bit more hassle since I have to pay the Land Bank which is outside the FED office. Last time I was there, Land Bank is already having a sort of "satellite" office inside FED who can accept payments.

If there are no queues, the transaction will take you less than an hour (last time I did it, I was there before 8:00 am).

3. jasonub

jasonub

thanks ill try it too

4. agentrod

agentrod

Jason,

Any news if it is still as easy (and as cheap) as what Valor mentioned? Also considering of doing this next month. Would it be a problem since I did not get my "card" and only the Yellow paper (license) on-hand?

Thanks.
    Rod

5. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

The issuance of license plastic may have to be 'expedited' with an additional P250-P500, depending on who you talk to. Otherwise, it takes forever. It is best to bring this issue up immediately, when first discussing your renewal.

EDIT:
    Based on Jason's good fortune recounted below, then
    hey, me too Mannix: "Way to go FED!" :)

6. jasonub

jasonub

ok guys i arrived at crame at 245, paid the bank which is inside fed 255, they almost closed on me.

I was just going to inquire but the lady at window 5 said you can do it real fast.

I got the form and good thing i had a 2x2 picture with me. i filled it up payed around 1500 for everything including xerox (pretty xerox girls there btw. flirted a bit;) )

I was finished and was walking away at 330 with the license card. easy as pie.

for renewal no gun safety seminar, no drug test no neuro or anything. its done in less than an hour:)

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

hey thats good news jason. way to go pnp fed!

now if only the ptc can be like that;Q

8. toxic

toxic

ba ok yan ..safety seminar ang nagpapatagal lalu na pag inabutan ng lunch time

9. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

That's great news. At last nagbago na uli for the better sana ma-sustain ng matagal.

10. Saruman

Saruman I carry a GLOCK

great news!! will need to renew by next month.. hope its still that easy.. can't stand red tape.:(

11. agentrod

agentrod

This is way too good, I think I will go there next week. Sure beats the P3,400 my gun club is charging...

Will they look for the previous license "card" or will the Yellow paper suffice?

12. jasonub

jasonub

they just got a photocopy of my card license. maybe you just need yellow copy if your card is not there yet. or you can go there and ask if your card is there na and then renew it;)

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Probabaly less than 30 min less the flirting. ;f

14. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

;z

Great to hear na it's that easy to renew our gun license. ^c

15. 9MX

9MX Rei!

ba't di mo ba sinundan ng sub-sec double tap?;f

16. jasonub

jasonub

i wanted to but there were too many people around and it would probably would take 30-45 mins and more tapping than double tap;)

17. agentrod

agentrod

Had my license renewed today, was in at 1PM and out by 2:30PM. Kailangan lang talaga medyo sigurista ka when dealing with govt employees. They wont volunteer to help you with the procedures, reqmts. so make sure you before you fall in line to the next counter you have the previous person sign the "routing" form and ask questions - they are being paid by you're tax money anyway.

Pansin ko lang 3 types of people in the queue: 1) "mga tagalakad"- mga singit ng singit pero di sinisita ng teller dahil "familiar face" ; 2)mga senior citizens (50-70) yr olds who dont belong to a gun club; 3)gun owners na nagtitipid and want to make sure na valid yung license (with records in crame) - just like me. :cool:

18. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Aside from the expired Licence, Fee and Patience, what other materials did you guys bring in your license renewal? Thanks Sirs.

19. Tejeron

Tejeron

1 pc 2x2picture
    ballpen
    coins para pang xerox
    ah....

Went there mga 1:45pm then finish till end around 3:45pm na. Importantly habulin niyo maabutan ang bank para makabayad or else next day na yan.

20. agentrod

agentrod

Yes, that's about it. Dala ka rin ng sariling silya, sira kasi karamihan dun.:(