Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Getting older every day!
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a license cost where you hunt/fish?

Here it's $68 for a super sportsman's license.
That includes hunting (big and small game), fishing, Bow, muzzle loader, bear and turkey tags. Everything but a trapping permit and of course waterfowl.
We don't have any special stamps for trout or to fish Ontario/Erie. :cool:

I was looking up prices for a coworker from PA. Their prices are a bit steeper.
hunting=$20
Archery=$16
Muzzleloader=$11
Bear=$16
Antlerless Deer=$6
Wild Turkey=$21
Total hunting = $90

Fishing is extra :shocked:
Fishing=$21
Trout=$8
Lake Erie Permit=$8
Grand total = $127 :faint:

That must be the only thing that is cheaper in NY than PA. :upeyes:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Actually that's not that bad. Here's what I paid and will need to pay around sept-8 for the 08-09 season.

hunting-fishing fresh/saltwater combo = $38.00
WMA area permit =$20
DUCK stamp federal = $15
Waterfowl permit =$5
migratory bird permit = $0
turkey permit = $5
mzl'er permit = $5

And few associate services fees. I think all is around 80 some dollars.

·
Registered
16,886 Posts
Last years Sportsmans license was $120.

That's Hunting, Fresh Water Fishing, Trout Stamp, Big Game (6 Deer, 3 Turkey, 1 Bear, and Elk if you can find one), Archery, Black Powder, and, Crossbow.

Each of them would be $18 if purchased separately.

I also purchase a National Forrest stamp for $4.

·
Banned
4,116 Posts
16 for a big game hunting lisence and that covers deer/turkey and all small game. fishing is 12 dollars and you can hunt small game with that lisence too, everything but deer and turkey. WMA lisence is 16 to hunt on management areas

·
Hilarious!
1,205 Posts
Hunting/Fishing combo (small game - no birds/no salmon or trout stamp) - $25
Antlerless tag - $24
Archery buck tag - $24
Firearms buck tag - $24
Muzzleloader buck tag - $24
Trout Stamp - $11
Upland Game stamp - $6.75
Waterfowl stamp - $6.75

Oh yeah after spending all that we still don't have a single GD restroom at any public access sites unless it is a state park or maintained by a private group.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
East coast states have it pretty good with those combo sportmans options! Nebraska on the other hand is pricey.
A hunt/fish combo is $37.50, this includes small game and fish only.
Deer or Antelope permits are $28 each
Turkey are $24 each
Elk are $141
habitat stamp $16
Waterfowl stamp $5

·
♥♥Adorkable!♥♥
3,122 Posts
In KY I believe it is $120 for the sportsman's license. $30 for the combo hunt/fish otherwise $20 apiece and deer tags are another $30. Elk is something like $200 just to put your name into a lottery. Then tags cost some more on top of that if you're drawn.

·
Banned
12,203 Posts
An Alaska resident hunting/sportfishing/ trapping license =$55 (I think)
Brown /Grizzly bear tag= $25
Fed Duck Stamps=$15
State Duck Stamp=$5
Moose, caribou, sheep, deer harvest tags and reports are available over the counter for free.
Black bear= no harvest tag required and up to 3 bears per year in most GMUs
King salmon stamp=$10

Everything else, bison, elk, goat, musk ox are done by drawing and non-residents must purchase tags at highly inflated costs.

No additional tags for trapping, however wolf, wolverine and lynx have to be sealed (tagged) by a ADF&G rep within 30 days of harvest.

Fortunately some of us live in areas also covered by subsistence regulations.
I have a subsistence salmon permit for free that allows me to take several fish by net or trap for household use. As long as I'm subsistence fishing the KS stamp isn't required. Come to think of it, I don't ever recall buying one.

I also have a subsistence halibut card that allows me to use a longline skate with up to 23 hooks for halibut...........yup, for free. It also allows me to sell up to 500lbs to help recover fuel costs.

·
Banned
2,465 Posts
Hunting and Fishing lics in my area cant be purchaed in a combo any more. Its $12 for the fresh water fishing, $24 for big game hunting. or $38 plus tax on both.

·
Big Member
2,187 Posts
Colorado resident hunter licenses are no longer so cheap, here are the licenses I paid for this year:

$10.25 Habitat Stamp - - ($5 x2 required)
$46 Elk, Bull - - (over the counter sale)
$46 Elk, Cow - - (draw, successful)
$46 Black Bear - - (limited over the counter sale)
$31 Deer, Buck - - (draw, successful)
$31 Deer, Doe - - (limited leftover from draw)
$31 Pronghorn, Buck - - (did not draw, refunded)
$251 Moose, Bull - - (did not draw, refunded)

So, my hunting license cost for this fall is $210.25 for two elk, two deer and one bear. There are a few leftover pronghorn doe licenses available in an area I'm familiar with so I might pick up one of those if I can get away on the right dates.

In the end, I'll be very happy if I'm successful taking one elk and one other animal which will supply us with a year's worth of steaks and sausage.

Hummer :grill:

·
Aggie in Exile.
1,332 Posts
Colorado resident hunter licenses are no longer so cheap, here are the licenses I paid for this year:

So, my hunting license cost for this fall is $210.25 for two elk, two deer and one bear. There are a few leftover pronghorn doe licenses available in an area I'm familiar with so I might pick up one of those if I can get away on the right dates.

In the end, I'll be very happy if I'm successful taking one elk and one other animal which will supply us with a year's worth of steaks and sausage.

Hummer :grill:
That is pretty good.

Us out of state residents are paying (and gladly I might add) $550 for bow Elk in Co.

If I get another one for the freezer, I will be on cloud nine. Either way it is really worth it. I leave in 6 hrs.

·
Big Member
2,187 Posts
That is pretty good.

Us out of state residents are paying (and gladly I might add) $550 for bow Elk in Co.

If I get another one for the freezer, I will be on cloud nine. Either way it is really worth it. I leave in 6 hrs.
Good hunting, GeorgiaGlockMan! Be safe and have a great time. Tell us a good story when you get back.

I don't like high license prices. Although they support the wildlife agencies and maintain hunter influence in wildlife management decisions, high costs make it difficult for those who enjoy self-sufficient and subsistence lifestyles. High non-resident license fees effectively eliminates a large group of hunters from hunting out of their own state.

As a lifelong Coloradoan, I've never resented out of state hunters, good hunters come from every state and all walks of life.

Hummer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts