close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Liberty centurion fatboy jr safe

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Rednecktastic, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Rednecktastic

Rednecktastic GunPackinPilot

Anyone have one of these, if so how do you like it? I'm looking at them for my home.. Look like a solid safe with gobs or room!http://www.libertysafe.com/safe_fatboyjr.php

And if this is the wrong section mods please move it... I didn't see one for safes/storage.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. Rednecktastic

Rednecktastic GunPackinPilot

3. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Looked at one in store.
    Do not think they would go through my normal doors.
    Maybe the double-french doors or garage.
    :supergrin:

4. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

I have one. Purchased recently. 2010 upgrades are 45 min fire, added weight 100lbs. Total 700lbs.

Like it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. TheGrimReaper

TheGrimReaper

I got one in October '09 from Gander Mountain, and I really like it. It fit through my doors no problem.

6. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

60.5" x 42" x 25"

Sideways, G...

:whistling:

:rofl:

:shocked:

:cool:

7. ranger88

ranger88 CLM

I don't have the model that you listed, but I do have a Liberty safe that I've had for about 13 years now. It's been flawless so far with only one problem, too small for my ever expanding collection. Buy the biggest safe that will fit your space and your wallet. You'll appreciate it later. As for me, I'm now contemplating getting a second one.....:crying:

8. Sgt127

Sgt127

I know you didn't ask about other safes, so, feel free to ignore this:

http://www.securityproducts1.com/

In my opinion, the finest safe for the money. They are near Waco. They hit most of the big gun shows, they will deliver for little or nothing on the way to a gun show.

The dual lock system may be one of the most secure on the market. When its locked, the door is part of the safe, you will NOT pry it open like you see in the videos of other safes.

They will build what you want. Save money on the exterior paint for instance. Mine looks like a battleship, its just grey. Set up the interior the way you want it.

When I see how easy it is to break into the average gun safe, its amazing to me. And, the people buying them think they have decent security.

I can't say enough about them, they are really that good and, the money stays in Texas.

9. Rancher

Rancher

I have two Liberty safes. Know from the videos out there that they can be broken into pretty easily however I bolted mine down to the floor in the basement and also put the opening side of the door next to concrete walls so there is no room for leverage should someone try and pry it open. They are both full and would easily weigh 1K plus pounds each. They are not the best but enough of a deterent I'm not loosing sleep when away.

Don't know where you are looking to buy yours at but Sams club earlier this year had some awesome deals on them. If your store did not have them in stock they would order them direct from the factory and call you when they came in. The catch is you have to pick them up yourself.

I rented an appliance dolly and hauled mine on a small trailer I have. I hauled them on their back with the appliance dolly attached and had the safe strapped down. Sure made for easy unloading. Be sure and measure your door openings. Would suck getting it home and it not fitting through you door. I have french doors and a walk-out basement so it was easy to get mine in.

Be sure and line up a buddy or two to help ya'.

Rancher

FWIW- I had all my guns appraised and carry extra insurance on them in case of theft or fire. Costs me just over $200 a year but the piece of mind that comes with it makes it worth it even though I have some guns that are impossible to put a price on. My insurance company also keeps photos and serial no's of them.