Liberals owning guns - ut oh....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mugsie1, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ba27spider

ba27spider

Prior to the WUFLU mess, I was a working diligently on increasing my firearms slush fund. Hopefully after the panic knee jerk gun buying dies down the folks who have been buying guns like it's the end of the world will sell them. Then I can pick up that Blackhawk or 17c or......

2. jmohme

jmohme

When I was a youngster, there was an elderly couple that lived in a large brick house across the street.
    These were the town busy bodies and tea toddlers. Totally against any use of alcohol.
    When they finally had both passed away, there was an estate auction.
    The auction company started cleaning out the house and hauled out of the basement an old still and a large cache of corked crock jugs.

Just because a person claims to be anti anything does not mean they practice what they preach!
    Yes, when this is over, those people will be back to their old ways, but many will just hide their new guns out of sight of others.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Ramjet38 likes this.

3. jmohme

jmohme

The local gun store here does similar to that.
    When I took my daughter in to get her handgun, the owner spent a good 20 minutes giving her instructions. Everything from loading and unloading, proper handling, and how to field strip and clean the gun.

I guess he wanted to start her down the right path before I started teaching her bad habits. :)

It would seem to me that it would be to everyones advantage if all gun shops would do this.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  4. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Finest preacher that I ever heard preach was the local drunk that had a still of his own. His property had warning signs to all game wardens to stay out or be shot.

God fearin man he was.

FullClip and jmohme like this.
  5. teeceetx

teeceetx

Anti 2A prog's have always had guns. When living in CA., I personally knew 3 rabidly liberal anti-2A neighbors who I was friendly with. All three had guns, and one had a damned arsenal. Ok for me, but not for thee is their motto.

Chui and mike from st pe like this.
  6. napp32

napp32

Exactly.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  7. Chui

Chui

Yep! There is a group within that group who are armed and militant.

The doe-eyed riff raff we typically think of are merely the duped. They are the majority but there is an iron fist within that fluffy glove.

We all see the Black Bloc groups and the wise take note.

They are not likely to go down quietly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

Liberals are mentally ill. We do not need mentally ill people owning guns. I thought we all agreed on that.
    Don't believe me? Just watch. They will buy a gun and then vote for the party that wants to take it away. No person in their right mind does that.

9. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Apparently I've always been a heartless bastard.

willie_pete likes this.
  10. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

I'm sure we will get some converts out of this, but for the most part liberals do not make ideal gun owners.
    Also I hope most of the liberal males bought revolvers because semi-auto pistils don't cycle well when they are limp wristed.

11. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

I'm reminded of England during WW2. When it looked like Germany was set to invade, England begged the U.S. for guns. Folks here donated guns, they ended up not being used to defend England, and after the war the guns were taken out and dumped in the ocean.

12. Schrag4

Schrag4

Hopefully the neighbors recognize that a gun owner, someone they would have considered “dangerous” the day before, was the one who went out of his way to make sure they would know how to handle their own guns safely.

13. Schrag4

Schrag4

That’s messed up on multiple levels.

14. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Worst of all the gun laws in (formerly) Great Britain were tightened in 1920, just a short year and month after Armistice with Germany.

FullClip likes this.
  15. jd4223

jd4223

I'm reminded of a famous Democrat big time Liberal congressman who was anti gun. Made the news when he shot a neighbor kid who decided to take a midnight dip in the congressman's pool. Turns out the gun used wasn't even registered...lol. Congressman claimed self defense...another joke.

FullClip likes this.
  16. Vito

Vito

I admit that I do not understand the mental functioning of those in the UK. It is not only guns that are outlawed. In essence, the use of anything as a weapon is illegal, even if used in self defense. I have read about numerous cases where a victim used a knife, or a club or a brick or anything beyond their own two hands to defend themselves against an attacker and then being charged as the criminal. One of the worst of the cases was a farmer whose barn had repeatedly been broken into who rigged a shotgun as a protective device, which went off as designed when a burglar tried to break into the barn. Not only did the farmer end up with a long prison sentence, but the family of the dead burglar ending up owning the farm after suing the farmer for damages.

The people of the UK have essentially said that the goal of eliminating guns in private hands, and eliminating pointy knives as well, justifies leaving people defenseless against criminal attack. The reality that despite the strict laws prohibiting the sale and import of guns, and despite them living on an island nation, criminals and terrorists seem to be able to get guns without too much trouble. This reality that criminals can get guns but honest citizens cannot does not seem to influence their attitude which is so strongly anti gun. In that sense the people of the UK are not that much different from the citizens of places like New York City here in the USA.

17. jd4223

jd4223

Correction he wasn't a congressman he was a big time journalist(Carl Rowan) July 19888...