Liberals don't know guns.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by W420Hunter, Jan 29, 2020.

1. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

So what I have for you is two different articles. Both being from liberals one being reporter the other being a legislator at the state level. Both of them proved they know absolutely nothing about guns. First comes the reporter who had the audacity to not only point a firearm in a gun store at his cameraman oh, but also went as far as pulling the trigger. Not going to lie if it had been my gun store he would have been kicked out that very second. I really am kind of shocked that the store owner didn't end it right then and there. Next is a legislator pushing for an assault rifle ban. And I got to say a lot of what he says would be comical if it weren't so scary. Stupid things like red hot magazines. Or how pistol grips make rifles less accurate. And they were some rambling about how hunting rifles aren't used in mass shootings because they get hit in the face with a buttstock? What's truly frightening about this is the lack of media correcting these blatant lies. It's almost as if the media wasn't neutral at all.
    https://www.mrctv.org/blog/red-hot-...cQZ_BpgdmuzC4kpIEw5VgRP1MdcXb4X0WeDkSCKGKoWHQ
    https://www.secondamendmentdaily.co...AGV1I7edUEDJBKT0atTYJ13ImYFQdka2j4qVACV3M6TM0

2. Pluto57

Pluto57

How would the media correct it? They don't know anything about firearms either.

n2g, jcm3 and Caver 60 like this.

3. Bomber Nav

Bomber Nav

Liberals don't know...well, you know.

SunsetMan, robhic and Caver 60 like this.
  4. quasii

quasii

Liberals are nothing more than ignorant, frightened children that are allowed to vote and destroy our Republic and its protections.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  5. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

This is what you get when a kid grows up with a toy gun, while watching Elmer Fudd and The Road Runner!

I never would/will let my kids/grandkids play with toy guns. No respect, no reality of what guns are and are used for!

My 10 year old step GS would never dream of doing what this guy did!

6. Need4Speed

Need4Speed

I didn’t make it halfway thru the first one. I could feel myself getting stupider by the second. I stopped when I could tell my IQ hit like 50 or so, and some of that **** started to make sense.

jcm3, robhic and Caver 60 like this.
  7. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

How about instead of sitting back and snickering about their inaccuracies in description, standing and calling out the BS. Truth kept to yourself is of no avail.

robhic and Caver 60 like this.
  8. Pluto57

Pluto57

To be fair, though, it isn't just liberals who don't know guns. While not in the context of gun control, I've heard conservatives making ridiculous comments about guns and what they can or can't do or how they work. I've also seen discussion panels where a liberal will make an erroneous remark about guns and none of the conservatives will challenge him because they aren't any better informed.

Lots of misconceptions out there and they're not limited to liberals.

jcm3 and Caver 60 like this.
  9. Pluto57

Pluto57

I and my children watched plenty of Elmer Fudd and Road Runner type cartoons and had a great time playing cops and robbers with toy guns. We also had a good time shooting real guns. My kids were smart enough to understand the difference.

10. Caver 60

Caver 60

I agree my kids and grand children would never do anything like that either

But I, our kids, and our grandchildren have grown up playing with toy guns. However they knew the difference between toys and real guns at an early age. They started shooting real guns at an early age. Started getting basic gun safety drilled into them at an early age.

I think back to a two gun set of cap pistols that I so desperately wanted when I was a very young kid. I got them for a present on a birthday or Christmas. I terrorized the neighborhood with those cap pistols, along with most of the other kids around the neighborhood. Everybody had cap pistols in those days.

Wasn't long though, until I couldn't even stand to point a cap pistol at another person, as I grew more used to shooting real guns. At about age 10, I eventually hung them up in a storage shed on my parents property. I did that on my own decision. No pressure from parents.

Decades later, after dad was dead and we were moving mother into assisted living, my brother and I were cleaning things out getting ready to sell the house. There in the storage shed was that set of cap pistols, still hanging there.

11. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

That politician is as ignorant as anyone I've ever heard. And to make it worse he tries to sound like he knows what he's talking about. Is this really the kind of moron we have writing our laws? If so them we are in a lot of trouble.

Caver 60, quasii and Cambo like this.
  12. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I have 2 granddudes I took to the gun range with me. We'd shoot .22s when Walmart had 'em for $17 a box of 500 (aka - the good ole days...). The 3 of us shot those .22s until they were familiar. (To this day the 18yr old will recite the 4 basic rules - a gun is always loaded, etc.) when I ask him what are the 4 rules?! The 24 y.o. just bought a S&W .40 and got a carry permit. I'd say they know what's what....

13. 835mag

835mag

I remember when Wally World had federal bulk (550rds) for $9.98. Wish I would have bought 10 boxes every time I went. Hindsight...

BOOSTED12A, n2g, Caver 60 and 2 others like this.
  14. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

I remember a reporter thinking these were rubber bullets.:rolleyes:

ear plugs.jpg

n2g, Caver 60, orangejeep06 and 3 others like this.
  15. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

In Ferguson, MO. It got 'em all wound up!

Caver 60 and Cambo like this.
  16. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

Once again, a total failure to describe what an assault weapon is. The one that gets me though, is the tendency to keep bringing up hunting weapons as a comparison, as if the 2nd Amendment had something to do with hunting. It doesn't.

17. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

Myself included while growing up, however, I was at my step daughters home and her then 8 year old, who had several Nerf type of toy guns, pointed and shot it at me, parents, flaming liberals, saw nothing wrong with it because they were just "toys. "

Of course, I read her the riot act. My wife and I live alone. We're have self defense firearms placed throughout our home. You have to know where they are and how to retrieve them. My kids, now in their 30's always knew what and where they are. They learned very early about firearms, what they are used for and not to ever touch. By 8, they knew the "4 rules" and consequences if they violated any one if them.

They knew how to check them, drop the mag, reload the mags, etc.

Biggest problem these days, is in the parenting.

All 4 of my kids are in their 30's, know the constitution, are CC permitted and all have their own armaments and are training their children.

My step daughter, not so much and they don't see the need to be able to defend themselves.

If someone has a problem with our defensive scheme, don't come to my home to visit. Any potential bad guy won't like it either. We also have 3 early warning, 4 legged friends patrolling.

Nothing gets past them!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Caver 60 and orangejeep06 like this.
  18. pblanc

pblanc

Liberals "know" all they think they need to know about guns.

Guns are evil.
    You should not have them.
    If you disagree, you are not only dangerous, but evil as well.

Besides liberals "choose truth over facts" don't you know?

Doc McGlock, Caver 60 and Cambo like this.
  19. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

Fear of the unknown. It's amazing how ignorant some people are about things. Many of the men my age (52) can't work on anything, don't have real tools, etc.

Like you said, it's all about educating our kids. Last night, me and my son were watching a few YouTube vids on the difference between hammer fired and striker fired guns, because I thought it was interesting. I think that was a little too much, his eyes kind of glazed over and he got a little bit bored (14 years old), but he got the jist of it.

Once someone gets a little bit of experience with guns, learns how to shoot them and a little bit of gun safety, I've personally never seen a person still scared of them.

Caver 60 likes this.
  20. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

Isn't it amazing how they don't even attempt to learn enough about them to not look so stupid? If I was an anti-gun politician, I'd have the brains to ask someone who knew about them to coach me. Maybe they're just not smart enough to do that. :honkie: