close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Liberal Pro-Gun Group

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by frizz, Oct 28, 2012.

1. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

You must be one or the other. Can't be both. :shame:

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The occasional liberal gun owner is a person who has a gun or two, but wouldn't be bothered much by giving them up. They vote based on gun control like I vote based on the capital gains tax (I don't own stock).

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I am both. I vote pro-gun because I don't really care about abortion. Guns are my #1 issue. A candidate who is anti-gun is against me.

4. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

That's exactly right...I'm neither.

5. glockski

glockski

So confused you do not even know it.

6. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

You vote party lines like most other drones, and I'm the one that's confused? :whistling:

7. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

That's it. Most of them have a shotgun and a hunting rifle that's never been under scrutiny (yet), and they couldn't care less about your AR-15's and the like. Fudds as they're called. But then, most of them wouldn't be in a gun owners group either.

8. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Now I'm confused. :rofl:

9. frizz

frizz

So what do you say about a gay, pro-choice person who opposes the Republican's position on tax structure? Ever heard of the Pink Pistols? It's a gay organization that works to convince other gays to arm themselves to be safe? http://pinkpistols.org/

What about a pro-choicer who is for gay marriage, but agrees with the Republican tax position and other Republican positions? And have you ever heard of the Log-Cabin Republicans? It is a gay organization that generally agrees with many other positions of the party. http://www.logcabin.org

There is a Democrat who is an ex-Representative politician from the Montgomery, Alabama area. When he was mayor of Montgomery, he advised people to get a gun and get training.

This is a good thing because it puts a damper on legislation by gun-grabber Democrats.

It is ridiculous to assert that any pro-gun Democrat/liberal is a fool or a Fudd. There are single-issue voters (abortion is another issue that has single-issue voters) and their are other voters who look at the entire spectrum, and vote for the candidate who's positions best match their positions.

10. Sveke

Sveke

There is a LARGE number of Americans that describe themselves this way.

Myself included. Well said.

It's not black and white anymore. I'm a gun loving fiscal conservative who also believes in less govt AND also don't give a **** about religion, gays, abortions, gay marriage and firmly believe that religious ideals have no place in govt choices.

There is a huge population of people that are fiscal conservatives and then more liberal on social matters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

11. Sveke

Sveke

Dead Wrong!! I'll go down shooting before they take my guns.

I'm also freak out about cap gains increase too!!

What kind of respectable repub doesn't own stock?

See how stupid your statement sounds when compared to one of equal stupidity aimed at you.

You see???

12. Providence

Providence

Speech and guns are primary functions of our constitutional liberty. If we can agree on liberty, everything else is negotiable. Federal control of speech and guns are a threat to liberty. If liberty is intact, then I'm okay. I'm not a fan of homosexual behavior, but as long as its private, it's really none of my business. That shouldn't stop me from saying I don't like it. But, all that said, I'm totally on favor of associating with a pro-gun group of another political persuasion. Pro-gun is pro-liberty, and we all benefit.

That's why I really like the NRA. They support a tone who is pro-second amendment.

Hope I didn't go too ot. If I did, my apologies.

13. Sveke

Sveke

That's well said too.

I wish we had a middle ground. A viable middle party that can just ignore the extreme views of both parties.

14. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

I snooped around their forum, most are gun owner refugees from supporting the Daily KOS. I do understand everyones post here. Yet I do feel sorry for the liberal web site of not seeing the bigger picture.

15. Sveke

Sveke

I just hope compromise isn't dead in the US

16. frizz

frizz

Free speech is one of the areas I have issues with the Republicans.

I support the right of fools and idiots to express their foolishness and idiocy. That includes jackasses who hate the USA. I despise them, but I don't think that they should be fined or imprisoned or otherwise harassed by the government.

The Republicans, generally, are OK with punishing them. I don't like that because 1) I value free speech and 2) where is it going to stop.

In Gulf War I, the Bush I administration went out of its way to to say that good, loyal Americans could oppose the war. In Gulf War II, the Bush II administration question the patriotism of those who opposed the war.

That was -- and remains -- a despicable position.

It is just as wrong and despicable as the Democrat's position against firearm rights.

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

No, I don't. Just making up some BS doesn't make a point. You wouldn't go down shooting to protect your guns any more than you'd go down shooting to protect the right to roller skate.

Say what you want, but you know the truth.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  18. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Gun rights are for everyone, even the people we don't like.

19. Ironbar

Ironbar

See, this is the conundrum I've never understood. You're a liberal gun enthusiast, but then you're perfectly comfortable voting people into power who want to ban guns and everything to do with them?

A wise person once wrote, "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole."

20. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

A Po man voting for a Republican is like a chicken voting for Col Sanders!!!!