Liberal minds and trash pickup schedules...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by thewitt, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

Textbook ‘Karen’.

2. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

What she probably really needs is a young, stud mailman if you catch my drift.

3. mj9mm

mj9mm

not an HOA issue... definitely a 911 call issue...

4. shadowgunner9

shadowgunner9 This used to be AMERICA........

.........a little black shoe polish would not hurt, IF you "need" it, imjustsayin'.

5. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

Someone, not saying who, should take a big steaming Walter Cronkite on her front door mat, and post pictures as their backgrounds in ZOOm meetings.

6. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

she sounds like a "reporter" at one of the President's briefings that Kayleigh Mc has to put up with

7. Current Resident

Current Resident

Maybe she is constipated, send her a Fleet enema

8. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
  9. 1eyedjack01

1eyedjack01

Or a historical neighborhood with an architectural review board...

mike from st pe and mdlott like this.
  10. thewitt

thewitt

I had a chance to interact with her again late yesterday... She really is unstable.

Several of my neighbors hire a local yard crew to blow and vacuum leaves every fall. The guys come once a week while the trees are shedding, blow them off the front yards into the edge of the street and vacuum them into a big trailer.

It's cheap. I participate as well.

We all have maple trees in our front yards and they have been dropping leaves now for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday the yard crew came and did the 8-10 houses on our block who participate in this. It costs me $10 per visit and they do this until the leaves are all gone. Worth every penny.

I was sitting on my front porch enjoying a cold adult beverage when they came to work. Watching other people work is nice for a change... relaxing.

Not everyone on the block participates in this program... guess who does not?

The lady had her husband blow all the leaves from their yard into the street while the yard crew is out doing the same up and down the block. When the yard crew went to vacuum up the leaves they had just blown into the edge of the street, they skipped her house since she's not part of this program...

As they were getting ready to drive away, she came out of the house and started yelling at them to collect her leaves. The guys there were just workers - no bosses - and the lead showed her a piece of paper with the addresses of the houses that pay for this service. She ripped it from his hands and threw it on the ground while screaming that she pays her dues and expects her leaves to be picked up like everyone else's.

Though I should have stayed out of it, I decided to help out the poor work crew, so I walked over and explained to her that this was not a HOA responsibility, that several of the neighbors had signed up with this yard crew for leaf removal, and that if she wanted them to take her leaves then she needed to sign up as well and pay the $10.

Her answer was precious.

"I already did all the work getting my leaves to the street, they can just vacuum them up rather than skipping over them. It's no more work for them."

The poor worker was looking at me for help... I took $10 out of my wallet and paid him - asking him to go ahead and vacuum her leaves this time. He looked quite relieved as he ordered his men to go ahead and pick these up. The woman? She turned and walked back to her house without so much as a thank you...

Next week... I will not be going out when they come and she tries the same stunt.

Some days being a good neighbor is harder than others.

mike from st pe and Hef like this.
  11. Hef

Hef

If you really want to drive someone nuts, post an ad on Craigslist for a large dog crate, and make it cheap or free. Use their number, and post it in Hawaii. They will get calls all day and night.

12. Hef

Hef

Over 90% of my work is in gated communities and subject to architectural review boards. Some of them are very good, and others are a nightmare to deal with. Having to deal with a hysterical society adds a layer of difficulty to it, but I don't deal with them often.

13. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Jesus. Who cares? Tell her to shut up and then just live your life.