Lexington weather outlook=Good

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Terminator, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Terminator

Terminator

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Term
    Looks Good! We looking forward to seeing everyone!

Dan:cool:

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Term. you better keep us some good weather for Lex on Sat. The 51 degrees I can handle but I also saw a 30% chance of some showers.

No --------- Showers ^9 ^9 ^9

4. Nukem

Nukem

51 degrees! Isn't that the freezing point??

I'm gonna have to drag out my winter coat and gloves...

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The "feels like" showed 45, I may have to wear a long sleeve t-shirt. :)

6. Don At PC

Yep; I can just see "Old FireGlock" now ------ he's stepping up to the line and guess what he is wearing? ---------- A long sleeve shirt and bermuda shorts. ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z Don't look Ethel. ~rf ~rf ~rf

7. Terminator

Terminator

Ok Don,
    I fixed the shower problem but this is the best i can do. I also managed a high of 58. Is there anything else i can do for you? ;f

Saturday Weather
    [​IMG]
    Mostly sunny

Now my energy is reserved for the plates! ;)
    See you guys friday night :cool:

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

But it's too late, she'd already been IN-censed ;P ~fnt~

~rf

9. Don At PC

Outstanding Term. mostly sunny and 58 is just right. I knew you could handle it if anyone could. See'ya Friday night.;c ;c ;c

10. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

;W You should be called the Weather-nator!

Outlook still looking great for the weekend.
    ^c

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

It's been very nice the last couple of days, but you need a jacket in the morning and at night. I just looked on the Lexington Herald web site and there was a red box that said "Severe Weather" next to the weather link. Apparently it was only a frost advisory, nothing to worry about.

Since I live here and I'm a BGSL member, I'd be glad to answer any questions I can for people coming to the match.

12. GLW

GLW

It looks like the fall color will be near peak for the weekend. Kentucky is a beautiful state, especially in the fall. For those of you who are traveling from out of state, if your schedule will allow a short side trip, you might consider driving about an hour and fifteen minutes over to Louisville. The drive will take you through "horse country" where the best race horses in the world come from. In downtown Louisville, you can tour the Frazier Historical Arms Museum. Three floors of priceless arms that spans 1000 years of arms development. They are open both Saturday and Sunday. (502) 412-2280. I hope you all enjoy the match and your visit to Kentucky.

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Good suggestion. Even though I live 45 minutes away from Louisville and still haven't been to it, I imagine the Frazier would be a great stop for anybody who loves guns - I keep meaning to go... For an idea what they've got, how about:
    If you just want to see some nature & fall colors, there is no need to leave the club, however. BGSL, the club where the match is being held, is 1,435 acres of woods, wildlife, etc., surrounded on 3 sides by the Kentucky river.

If you look here: http://www.bgslinc.com/ The pictures on the pages transition through a series of pictures of various parts of the club.

14. mleeber

mleeber

Wish I could be there! I love my parents, who have come to visit this weekend, but you guys are first on my list!

Fireglock, let's see a 53 in MS and Ed I expect to see a sub 50 from you in Major Sub with that G30! Grady and Bobby, please hold off on the sub 40 until I can be there!

Have a great weekend!

Mark

15. Don At PC

Well the Florida Gang is here. A long trip but a great one. The area is more beautiful than last year. The fall colors are near perfection.

Finally got to meet "Old WIG19" face to face and shake his hand. He is a super nice guy and just the personallity I had expected from posting with him here on GT.

Grady was supposed to bring his family so we could meet them but he left his wife and family at the Hotel tonight. That wasn't nice Grady ----- you know how much the Florida Gang wanted to meet her, especially those of us who were at Lubbock with you last weekend. ;) ;) ;)

Mark; the "Old Texas" gentleman Bobby will not be here this weekend. We all miss seeing three smiling faces this weekend: Bobby, Brenda and Old Pete.

Well I am looking forward to being a great day with some terriffic scores eventhough it's supposed to get down to 27 degrees tonight ------- Frost on the Old Pumpkin for sure. ;f ;f ;f

16. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Mark, like Don at PC said, I won't be there this weekend. I'm sitting home "wishing" I was. I had my flight scheduled to go but my sister, who lived in LA and was effected by hurrican Katrina, asked me to assist her with her move back to Kentucky so I rescheduled my flight to fly into Baton Rouge, LA, assisted her by driving a moving truck to Kentucky from LA and then I flew home from Louisville back to Jacksonville.

When I was in Kentucky 3 weeks ago, the colors were just beginning to change but from the reports that you and Grady have shared, it's the peak of the "beauty".

Best of luck to all, have fun and be safe.

Bobby