close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lexington Report

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Okay folks lets hear all about it.

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I arrived at Wilmore after a 6 hour drive, around 12:15 pm (Kentucky time) picked up my score sheets and checked on hi-caps at the vendor booths which were selling for $25.00 each...I was looking for 30 and they had brought 20 for the model I was looking for and they had 4 left....I decided on leaving these for someone else....(this proved to be a good decision by the way). After distributing my score sheets at all three stages I settled on the 5 to Glock. I had the opportunity to watch other GSSF Master shooters for about 2-1/2 hours before it was my turn and noticed that a stage had been re-introduced (the Glock Mover) just kidding ;) The wind was blowing D1's and canopies like tumbleweeds down the streets of Laredo and I am sure that had an affect on some of the scores. The RO'S were courteous and attentive as usual and I finished the match in about 4 hours.

The highlights of the match were meeting acquaintances and old friends and renewing those relationships, I can't say enough of the support group that the people of GSSF have for each other and the Glock people that run the match....I was totally impressed by David Sevigny not as a shooter but as a human being, I was able to meet him( he was very approachable) and understand that he actually helped one of our shooters by pulling him out of the mud with one of the
    4x4's.

In discussing support groups it was discovered that Danny Ryan (Coach) was in the hospital for a heart attack, FireGlock has the update .....I understand he is doing well and stable. Our prayers are with him ^c

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

And here's some pics!

The regular RO's at the Plates became a little scare around lunch time and Dave took the duty....here he is assisted by DP177.
    [​IMG]

And a little later DP got to show Dave how to do the plates in a touch over ten seconds (he claims to be able to do it faster, but he was a little nervous ;) )
    [​IMG]

Yup it rained the night before and the grass was wet & muddy.
    [​IMG]

Here the lucky owner is getting some help from Dave Sevigny and others including Chris Edwards.
    [​IMG]

And out it came.....good job. No, he wasn't the only one to need pulling out of the mud today.
    [​IMG]

A good time was had by all!

;?

4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The "Hurricane State" bunch did make it and we all enjoyed see and visiting with our friends and making news one to boot! The weather was a little wet early on and as the rain clouds moved on the winds started!
    Yes, that's the "War Wagon" stuck in the mud! Dave Sevegny, Chris Edwards and several others help get it out. It's great to have all the nice people jump in to help! THANKS EVERYONE!
    We had a very friendly get together Saturday night at the Long Horn's, much fun was had by all. Pictures to be posted later!
    I would like to thank all the BGSC RO's who gave up the day to allow us to shoot another very well run GSSF match!! The GSSF staff of Julie and Dave was TOP NOTCH as always and lead by Chris Edwards!
    I shot fairly well, no records broken by me!

Dan:cool:

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Well not the best match and certainly not without some glitches but still it beats work. Fun to see Festus, Butch, finally meet DT Knight, another true gentleman, his Dad and friend and meet DP177. As always being with friends and buds makes the match, for that, this was a good one.

6. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Now, Don, I think you may have a little more to add on the Sevenghy/Gilbertson 24 HR Towin' service...Was you the one to keep tellin' him "'mon back!"?
    I make that Surburban as comin' outa Fla...and that's what you guys get for sleepin' in!
    I made the stellar decision to drive my Z-28 with the Goodyear F-1 245/50ZR16 low profile tires...the ones that get stuck on damp level gravel...so I was extra careful to NOT get off the beaten path...

I got there about 9,and was greeted by the resident pointer bird dog-Man has that guy got it made or what? Registered 288,289. and headed for the pits...OH, but I spent some money first...35 for a Glock range bag and 25 a pop on G-19 STANDARD CAPACITY 15 ROUND MAGS.

I shot competition and amcivvy...shot the plates 1st.RO'd a bit there,Then went to the 5tg,then onto GM, and then RO'd rest of the day..but I was done shootin' at around 11(and I never "yellow shirted" the list).I shot OK, but was just there to have fun...

My 2 cents worth on the RO'ing business...I like(d?) the electronic score pads,but when we were using them the scorekeeper was "the guy you didn't talk to" on the crew. The screen was such that only one guy could really see it-so you couldn't really put anybody helping him.
    I like the paper way better(as a crew member) just personal choice, plus it's the way I learned...and old habits are hard to break...
    It rained during my plates, but I'd say it had cleared off by 10 or so, and was just windy after that.

Registration was quick and smooth...The Glock staffers were exceptionally friendly and efficent... The BGSM staff is tops...The facility makes you wanna move to Ky...(the house IS for sale right before you go into the range,hmmm)

Lets see...how do they do it on that Mastercard commercial...?
    Because I was a RO...50 bucks shootin' fees,Got a new 2004 RO shirt, Hat, Glock knife,and a bowl of Chili. 85 bucks at the goody table...
    NOT getting stuck...PRICELESS!!!!

The horses were runnin' at Keenland and the Glocker's were shootin' at Willmore...dudn't git much better than that.

7. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Well, Bob and I had a great time again this year at Lexington. The weather wasn't the greatest Saturday morning when we shot. Both of us shot the 5 to Glock through condoms, so we can use that for an excuse. ;) The wind seemed to be a factor, also. But throwing lead downrange is always more fun than sitting at home. I did my personal best at the plates. I managed to FINALLY get all 24 down!

The Friday night dinner group was small, but none the less, very enjoyable. I didn't take any pictures this weekend, so I'm depending on others to post what they have.

We had to leave right after shooting Saturday to make the long drive home by Saturday night. The trip home was uneventful, and that is a good thing. It was great to see familiar faces, we look forward to the fellowship as well as the shooting.

We've pre-registered for Jacksonville, and we're looking forward to that match. See y'all there!

Mrs G-R (Pat):cool:

8. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Had a really good time. Didn't shoot that well but still fun anyway. I did have one complaint.

Showed up and went to the Glock M stage. Signed up and turned in our cards. After about 1 1/2 hour wait and our names were still not even close we went to the plates and shot right away. Came back to the Glock M and waited another 30 minutes or so. Names were called and we were about to shoot when an RO came up and was going to shoot before us. No big deal. Ends up shooting three guns. When that RO was almost done another RO shows up and ends up shooting three guns. This happend 3 other times with all shooting 2 or 3 guns. I appreciate the RO's running the matches and I know we couldn't have matches without them but I wish they made some type of a rule that they can only shoot one gun when jumping in line.

The Glock M took us over 3 hours to shoot because of this. Same thing happened at 5 to glock. Ended up taking well over 6 hours to shoot the match.

Again I appreciate the RO's but there has to be a better way.

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

had good time, shot as well as i expected,which isn't all that good. very impressed with the club and range. had great time in and around lexington on saturday. wish there was some plans made to meet up with everyone from glock talk.

10. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Fireglock's new sleeping partner!

11. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Friday night's get together!

12. GlockMom

GlockMom

That was one of the strangest matches I have been to. I had a personal best but it just didn't feel right. On our way to Kentucky we saw 2 hearses, a pick up truck just coming to rest on it's roof (We stopped to help. The driver was OK), and over a dozen troopers going northbound in groups of 2 or 3. We didn't get to talk to anybody very much. Our children didn't even want to get out of the car.

A dear friend gave us his 37 loads so we could shoot our new (notice I wrote "our") 37 but they didn't work for me. I am not to his level of ability. Thanks for letting me use them, it was worth it. A big thanks to Mr. Marv Hinkle. He was an RO at the M and offered a mag of his 37 load for me to try on my last string.

This is my last match of the season. I improved overall (with the help of Pharoah and Uncle Bob too! Thanks. And my mentor, Fireglock. Thanks to you too!) Next year I will hopefully be in the top B range.

13. Clyde

Clyde Lost in KY Millennium Member

IIRC we had a total of 402 entries. - New High for the Blue Grass Match. The setup went quick Friday. David & Julie as always super to work with.

I did not attend On Sat.

Sunday - Worked (5 to Glock) and helped cleaned up - Lots of great Glockers in attendance. And All those unlimited Glocks are really giving me the itch. I did see an Unlimited G20 - O'Baby - Slide Lightened - Red Dot - Sweet - Nice pistol Frank.

I always shoot this match Poorly - This year no exception :) But always fun.

First year that I RO'ed a GSSF - Lots of fun highly recommend.

;f

14. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

On Sat. after the rain stopped the wind was so.......

So strong that at the five to Glock you got to shoot the 4-5-6
    the 9-10-11 targets and so on all the way out to the 24-25-26 yard lines.

And thats when the d1's were not being skeets for Halloween.

When the canopies went I started looking for "Toto"-He might have been in costume-dressed as the pointer.

15. Terminator

Terminator

I managed to make it on sunday and i have to say i had a great time. There wasnt a long wait, and i was finished in less than 2 hours.
    I cant wait til next year.

16. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

As normal the GSSF Team and the BGSC Team did an excellant job under sometimes some interesting conditions. I thought a couple times that we were at a "Skeet Match" the way the D-1's and Canopies went flying across the range. The only problem was " I Never Did Hear Anyone Say Pull" ;f

All in all it turned out to be a fun match in spite of "Capt. Kirk getting the North Florida Hurricane Enterprise------------STUCK". ;f ;f ;f

My shooting was not bad. As per my notes I should end up with a 113.xx in M/S, a 121.xx in AmCiv and a personal best in U/L with a 65.xx. At least my scores the last 2 matches have been going in the right direction so maybe I am beginning to turn the corner and learning from my several mistakes with a lot of help from my shooting friends. Maybe even an old guy can learn new tricks.

Great trip with the Enterprise Crew we now have about a month to get ready for San Antonio. Tony; how about you and Donna doing a "No Rain Dance". I don't know if we have time to train our Capt. how to drive in the mud before the San Antonio match. ;f ;f ;f

The Devil Made Me Say It. ;N ;N ;N ;E ;U

17. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I'm certain that time wasn't 'per string' nervous or not. Great pics Butch as usual and glad everyone came home safe. We'll have to work on a mojo for dry wx next year. ;f

18. EMillen

EMillen Millennium Member

Well... ANOTHER year has gone by with only one Glock Match to show for it. I guess I got a little burnt out hosting this one.
    Many thanks to Jeremy K. for taking over, I owe ya one or two;c ;c
    Sure did have a good time just working ONE day and shooting like a "normal person" on Sunday:cool:
    Good to see the FL gang, if only for a minute!
    Watch out for them "hanging chads" Tuesday,

19. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

The guys from gunsmoke ,shot the match on sunday! coming up saturday to lexington, i told the rest of the gang,"I bet those guys are having a ball in all this wind"
    It turned off pretty nice for the sunday shoot! The only complaint i had was where did that high five come from, I think the D-1 squatted down when I shot, but still had a pretty good score!
    Hate we missed seeing old freinds, did make a few new ones!
    Hope to see all of you at the jacksonville match!
    P.S. Glad you guys got the north florida hurricane enterprize out of the mud! She didnt look no worse for wear!

20. DKnight

DKnight Stock 17

Really enjoyed the match! It was great to meet Jerry Worsham, Dan, Festus, and as my mind lets me down, I know I have missed someone. By God's mercy stock went okay, but I got a little crazy with unlimited.