close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lexington, KY Roll Call

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Oct 1, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I'll be there with Ron and James Young, arriving Friday night and leaving after lunch on Saturday. I'll be shooting Am/Civ. James will be shooting Am/Civ as a Junior Male. Ron will be shooting Am/Civ, Subcompact and Stockmeister.

Lodging suggestions are available from the range web site at www.foxbend.com

Additionally, there is The Beaumont Center at US-68 (Harrodsburg Rd) and KY-4 (New Circle Rd), 25 minutes from the range, straight out Harrodsburg Rd. I have selected the Holiday Inn Express for myself, Ron and James.

2. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

i plan on being there Fri. night, staying at Holiday inn xpress, shooting Am.civ.,,, and YES! i'll keep shootin the G-21 in Stockmiester!
    ;f

3. Nukem

Nukem

I'll be leaving early Saturday morning and will not arrive till early/mid afternoon. Last year I did not get there till about 2 pm... Looking forward to seeing that range again, cause that's gotta be one of the prettiest I've ever seen!

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I'll be there...visiting a Supplier in Florence Friday afternoon ....have booked two nights, Friday and Saturday at the Holiday Inn in Nicholasville...about 13 miles from the range. Intend to shoot (2) categories...Amateur Civilian and Competition. ;f

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

We will also have a Florida Contingent participating. I know DEJ/FL and I will be there. I will be shooting 4 categories; AmCiv, Stockmeister, Competition and U/L with a Carver Mount. Have not made reservations yet but plan on the Holiday Inn Express at Nicholasville. We stayed there last year and it was very nice.

Hope to see old friends. Maybe we can pursuade the old Texas Gentleman himself (Bobby Carver) to attend and display his new mounts.

6. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

This "old boy" from Texas will be there.

If anyone wants me to bring them a CARVER Mount, just email me with your order and I will deliver. No shipping charges!!!

Thanks,
    Bobby Carver
    B&B Enterprise
    "Home of the CARVER Mount"

7. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

I may make this match...my first GSSF.

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Again, has Don At PC has stated, I'll be there along with son James(aka GTA), grandson Austin and Pharaoh staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Nicholasville. I'll be shooting Stockmiester for "Team Sidearmor" and Unlimited with my Carver equiped G17L.
    Looking forward to the Friday night social!!
    Dan:cool:

9. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

I'm planning on making it my first GSSF match. I'll probably shoot Am Civ, Subcompact, and Competition. It's not a bad drive for me, so I'll probably just drive down early Saturday morning and make a day of it.

10. embee

embee Aging member

I'm going to make a day trip out of it, probably on Saturday. I'm aiming for an early afternoon arrival in the hope of having shorter waits to shoot.

MB

11. PhilipD

PhilipD 17L/CarverMount

Put me and the rest of the GunSmoke Gang on the list. ;f

Three of us will be using Caver Mounts,,,,,Man what a scope mount. ;)

12. mike from philly

mike from philly

I'll be there! I've offered to RO and will see when the club needs my help.

Bobby, I saw you at Conyers on Saturday. You were in the middle of a sale, so I didn't interrupt. I shot your sample gun in the side match. VERY SCHWEET. I love that no drilling is needed to mount it, very cool design. I can see your mounts being in high demand from the USPSA Open boys. Now they can ditch those heavy, jamomatic 1911's and go with a real gun, GLOCK. Good Luck in your business. BTW: The Georgia State Championships for USPSA is going to be Oct 18,19, and 20th at Conyers. Maybe that would be another good venue to display your wares.

Hopefully, I'll have time to visit with
    Team Sidearmor in Lex. When I shot Conyers on Saturday, I didn't really have time to "hang". I'm on the Board of Directors of my Home Owners Association and my presence was needed in the morning and late afternoon. UGH! The highlight of my shooting season reduced to a hurry to get home, run and shoot event. Double UGH!

13. BCarver

Mike from Philly,
    I regret that I didn't get to visit with you at Conyers. It was a very busy day!! I'll be at Lexington, shooting on Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't have the opportunity to set up a display but I will bring any mount(s) that anyone wants to deliver them at the match on Saturday.

Hope to see ya' at Lexington,
    Bobby

14. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

Hey all!

My wife and I will be driving down from Indy to shoot on Sunday; probably get there around noon. I'll be shooting AmCiv, MajorSub, Unlimited and either Subcompact or Competition (haven't decided which yet). I'll likely be re-joining Mick B and Chris K to shoot as Team Ballistic Review Midwest; looking for another 1st Place team finish! The wife had a really good time at Hallsville, and will be shooting AmCiv and Competition again at Lex.

See ya there!

15. Dnew

Dnew Just Senior

Son Sam and I will be driving down from Indy Sat morning to spend the day with all the great GSSF folks. We will shoot Am Civ and Comp for sure and maybe Sub or Maj Sub, TBD later... Can't WAIT!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dee ;a

Bobby, I DO want a mount and Red Dot but still don't know which one yet...Hmmmmm!! Continuing with the homework...

16. BCarver

DNEW,
    Just let me know and I will bring them to Lexington for you. The special deal on the C-More combo (Any C-More mount PLUS a C-More sight) for $350.00 will be available for you.

Best regards and "drive safely" on the way to the Bluegrass in Lexington, KY.

Bobby
    B&B Enterprise
    "Home of the CARVER Mount"

17. Bruce Warren

Bruce Warren Millennium Member

I'll be there on Saturday. Planning on shooting Am/Cv. Competition, Stockmeister and Unlimited. Hope Bobby and I can shoot together again. When Bobby coachs me, I shoot better.
    Danny, hope to see you there.

18. BCarver

Bruce,
    I will be there on Saturday, shooting Saturday morning. I will not be setting up a display but will have mounts available upon request.

We'll shoot together!!
    Bobby

19. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

I haven't registered yet, but I'm planning to shoot Saturday morning. About the only Glock I shoot anymore is my G26, so I guess I'll shoot Amateur Civ. and sub.

I've finished 2nd and 3rd with my G26 and a G27 the last two years there. Think I'll either practice a whole bunch the next three weeks and try for 1st, or else break a finger and hope to finish in the plastic SOMEWHERE.

Heck, it's just for fun anyway. It's nice being around all that black polymer and gunsmoke in one place!

20. GTA

GTA

G. Glock, I too live in Nashville (LaVergne, actually), where in the heck is a good place to practice? The only place I've found so far is the Gun City indoor range. I've shot GSSF matches going on three years now and have had very little time to practice. Perhaps we could get together and shoot? If not, hope to meet you at Lexington.
    James (son of DEJ/FL)