close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lexington, KY Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Nov 2, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Post your comments here.

2. Contrail

Contrail

Today was a little chilly, but beautiful!! The drive through central Kentucky's blue grass in the autumn is worth the trip from Cincy...not to mention the part about shooting Glock's at the BGSL. This morning the match really seemed to be running smoothly. I arrived at 0930 and got back in the car to go home at 1207. Thanks to all who had a hand in putting on the match!

Landon

3. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Hi all, GlockMom here. For some reason I can not log in under my own name. It says I do not have access to the pages.

Anyway, we are here in beautiful but chilly Kentucky. The range is enormous! We actually drove to each stage. The people are as always very friendly. We met up with the Florida bunch and had alot of fun. Sniper is all excited because he had another personal best today. I did too although it fell slightly short of my goal. We also brought a new member to GSSF with us and he is hooked. Our scores are as follows:
    Jason
    U/M 79.73
    Am/Civ 112.55

John
    U/M 125.73
    Am/Civ 257.08

Michelle
    Am/Civ 303.37

DEJ/FL will be posting some very interesting pictures on the photo post, including (I hope) the final showdown I had at the plates.

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did this year.

On a more personal note: Danny our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

4. DannyR

Team Sidearmor has reported their scores. I would say we are in the top three in both categories. Hope it was too cold for those "Carolina Boys.";e

5. EMillen

EMillen Millennium Member

Every year I start thinking... "Putting on this match is ALOT OF WORK! It's time to give it up." Then I always have a day like today... "Putting on THIS MATCH is alot of FUN! I can't wait for Sunday."
    Dan S.
    LexPD (ret.)

6. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Any quick directions coming south from Cincy direction (on 75)?

(I have printed off the maps already.)

thanks.

7. Contrail

Contrail

I go to the Ironworks Pike exit which is exit 120, KY 1973. Exit there and turn right onto KY 1973, then left onto 25 South which is Georgetown Road (Ironworks Pike "T's" at 25 S). Go down to Route 4 which is New Circle Road, go west and take it around to exit 2 (US 68 Harrodsburg/Lexington exit). US 68 runs into KY 29 which takes you through Wilmore, KY - DON'T SPEED! Then left at the GSSF sign. I can't remember the name of the road off hand, but after you get out of Wilmore, you will cross a bridge where the concrete looks new. The road is just past that bridge. Hope these directions help.

8. Dnew

Dnew Just Senior

Well folks, Sam and I had good intentions of making it to Lexington but it wasn't to be. I even made it to Sam's place in Indy Fri PM to find him at the Doctors office with a possible ear infection. He was having dizzy spells all day at work. I was not without problems too as I pulled a back muscle on Wed. We decided Fri evening it would be best if we passed on the shoot, disappointing to say the least. I was really looking forward to it and meeting some more GT folks.

Was also going to take home a Gold Weaver style mount if BC happened to have one with him. Will have to do it thru the mail now I guess...

Oh well, it's going to be a long winter for me waiting for the match at Indy - something to work on and look forward too. DEJ/FL, sure hope I can get with you to do some learning on the finer arts of shooting next June while we are in FWB for the month...:)

Ya'll take care and have fun at the remaining Shoots for this year. I'll be following the forum and wishing we were there with ya...

Dee ;a

9. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Contrail

Thanks for the directions. If we see you there...you'l know they worked. ;)

10. Bruce Warren

Bruce Warren Millennium Member

Well, I survived a chilly match. Thank goodness I dressed warm and filled all my pockets with hand warmers. I brought two new shooters and they both had a great time. I may end up losing my spot on the SideArmor team to one or both of them.
    I started out pretty good but fell on my face on the plates in Am/Civl. When am I ever going to learn to "Look At The Front Sight!" I tried out my new Unlimited gun and found a few items to address for reliabilty.
    I understand I made two of the SideArmor teams. Am/Civl and StockMeister. Actually, for me, I did pretty well with an 87.32. I mosst likely won't win anything but considering the competition in that class, I feel good with the score.
    Hey, Don, where can I download a copy of the score sheets. It makes it much easier to keep track of scores then writing them on an empty ammo box.
    Met some old friends and a lot of new ones. Hopefully I'll see them all again at Jacksonville in January. There will be 3 or 4 coming from Michigan to get out of the cold as well as shoot.
    Till Then-----

11. Bruce Warren

Bruce Warren Millennium Member

By the way, Happy Birthday to Patty, our SideArmor Sponser. Let me know when you turn 21 and I'll take you out for a little aiming fluid.;c ;g

12. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Bruce, at sportshooter.com they have a great one page GSSF score sheet. We use them both at the range for practice & at GSSF matches. If you have a computer expert around, they may be able to make it print less than a full page in size but I am not sure about that.
    Hey Bruce, did you ever get scores from the Oklahoma steel match? We never did unless they have put it on the website recently.
    Your GSSF scores sound pretty good to me. I am aiming at San Antonio next month. I want one of those guns but..........
    Keep working that ulimited gun. MLM

13. DannyR

Bruce,

I have scoresheets in both exel and lotus format and will e-mail them to you tomorrow. GSSF also has scoresheets available at registration.

14. DannyR

A very special Thank You to Mark Miller for reminding me that scoresheets are available at www.sportshooter.com

15. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Bruce, check your e-mail.

16. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Great match. Other than a couple of minor bottle necks, it seemed to go pretty smoothly.

How was the weather today (Sunday)? It's a rainy day here in Nashville; sure glad I shot the match yesterday. Of course, I've just been outside shooting in the rain anyway - can never get enough of it!

Greg K.

17. Flying Brass

Flying Brass

Well, as usual this is one of the best run matches of the year. ROs were polite, helpful and down right great folks. And the BGSL is just an AWSOME place. Went down with some great guys and had a fantastic time. As far as my perfomence. Well.....all I wanted to do was FINALLY break 100. Well I did. AM/CIV 97. Not bad for a guy who has picked up a gun a grand total of twice since the Indy match. But......it gets better. With my trusty rusty 17 I shot 66.5 in competition!! OH MY! Where did THAT come from?!?!?! I can't belive it.

Brass

18. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Great Match. Thanks to everyone that made this match go so smooth. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes to shoot a stage. Lots of fun.

I shot a 132.77 in Am/Civ and my friend Brad shot a 232.54.

Great match!

19. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

....had every intention of going, but was caught off guard by a work related rumor so I decided to stay local and shoot the IDPA match at Mid-carolina on Sunday.

Was really looking forward to seeing Festus and "don't tread"...how did you guys do?

Jay

20. rstand

rstand Millennium Member

Just got back from BGSL and my first GSSF match. I did not shoot as good as I would have liked, however that place has got to be one of the best I have ever visted. Great place and a well run shoot. I believe I need to start looking for a job in Lexington!
    Robert;a