close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lexington, KY 2011 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Oct 22, 2011.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.

2. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Beautiful match, great people. Perfect day to shoot.

3. mike g35

mike g35

Had a little technical difficulty on the 5 to Glock. The office had me registered as a super senior in 1 division but that was an easy fix. The RO on the 5 to G put my fathers Sub sticker on a heavy metal scoresheet then he put my times on my fathers score sheet but with his penalties so we both had to reshoot. Wasn't a big deal and they fixed it so no problem. Outside of that they did a good job all day, they even re-opened the plates for us so we could finish today instead of waiting until tomorrow. My perofrmance wasn't what I wanted, not even close, I scored pretty much the same way I did in Beckley but, no excuses, it was a simple matter of me not using the proper fundamentals of the game and I paid for it. Best plate run of the day was 4.14, most were well beyond that. I just have to get a few more matches in before I am going to be able to shoot the way I can at the range at a match. The nerves got to me again and only more matches is going to get rid of them.
    But overall I had fun again, it was a beutiful day on a beutiful range. Also I got to hang around with Grady Whitelaw and his boys. They are good people and even better shooters and it is my pleasure to now have them as friends. Wish I could have shot better, once again I find there's a HUGE difference between the range and a match. I did manage to still never break into the 200's though. I guess thats something.
    (Great shooting Conlon)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. kyglockshooter

kyglockshooter

A well run match with great RO's. Didn't shoot well on plates they seemed pretty difficult for some reason. Both of my boys made progress by shooting better times than Conyers. Looking forward to next year with more practice and maybe some new sights to help the accuracy.

5. The Highlander

The Highlander

Great match in Lexington! Beautiful range, really competent and helpful RO's. My only gripe is the lack of GSSF signs. Well, that and I blew the plates, but I can't really figure out how to blame that on anything but the shooter falling apart! Seems like I always blow one stage and ruin a decent match. I've practiced on the longer shots, and apparently that was detrimental to the 'gimme's' on the plate rack. Oh well. Maybe I can talk the wifey into letting me buy a plate rack to practice on!

6. BK94

BK94

What a great place to hold a match! I liked it alot. Shot 5 catagories in under two hours! The RO's did a great job. That was proably the biggest shooting range I have ever been to. Best overal time was a 79.93 and the worst was a 133.33 ( Sub with a 26)

Great work guys. thanks

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

What a great day for a match! Too bad my shooting wasn't as great....I just wasn't in the plate zone today for some reason.

I do believe I set a new record today though, we arrived to register a little before 10:30, and finished shooting at about noon.....fastest match ever! I don't think I had to wait more than a couple minutes to shoot at any stage. :)

Yeah, it wasn't overly busy, and the RO's did a great job!

8. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Same here, I was shooting with two buddies sharing a couple guns with them. All three of us shot the match in about 2 hours. Crazy Fast! Sorry to hear you didn't shoot well. Maybe I'll have a chance now:tongueout: JK, hope you made it back to the great white north safe and sound, how many miles did you drive this weekend?

9. FEDLEO

FEDLEO Ugly Mother......

I was watching and it looked like you weren't having too many problems there. Was nice to meet you today, and enjoyed talking with you for a few minutes. Hope you had a great time.

10. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Good to meet you too!

(Also good that you don't look like your avatar) ;)

11. FEDLEO

FEDLEO Ugly Mother......

I do my best. Wife tells me I kinda act like him from time to time though :rofl: For some reason she gets snippy when I come in from work plop down in my chair and ask her to bring me a drink. :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  12. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Now Butch don't pick on Archie, he is my Hero. Well next to you. :wavey::faint::embarassed:

Don

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  13. G19 DB

G19 DB

Our first GSSF outdoor shoot in Lexington, KY.

My wife and my youngest daughter and son shot the match also. Everybody had a great time. Mostly because of all the terrific folks at the match. The RO's were great, very helpful, and patient. My youngest daughter wasn't sure Friday evening if she was going to shoot and a little encouragement Saturday morning from Lisa Marie and she signed up. Lisa helped us all out a bunch by giving us a tour of the different stages, the procedures, what to expect. Thanks Lisa! Diana says hi!

We met so many terrific folks there on Saturday, we'll be counting down the days till next year. Already looking at the calendar to see what shoots we can attend in the future.

14. SARDG

SARDG

Lisa Marie is on Glock Talk but doesn't show her pretty face much. Lisa Marie is an NRA Instructor, RSO, owner of B.E.L.T. Training (http://www.belttraining.com/index2.html), and an Alabama Holster teammate, among other things...

EDIT: B.E.L.T. Training in Reevesville, SC is the venue for the GSSF Ladies Only match which will likely be repeated this coming May. Your wife and daughter may want to put that on their schedule.

Kitty

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  15. Range Mistress

Range Mistress

Well thank you Kitty, next time I am having a bad day I think I will just log on to Glock talk and I will be easily cheered up!:embarassed:

16. Range Mistress

Range Mistress

Thank you for the compliments and I am so glad Diana enjoyed herself so much. Tell her I said "Hi"

17. SARDG

SARDG

I'm your biggest fan, Lisa-Marie... :)

Don't forget to keep us all posted on your upcoming Reevesville Ladies Only Match as it gets closer.

See you this weekend in Clearwater.

Kitty