close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lexington Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, Oct 29, 2006.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

post your stories here.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well another great match in the history books. Chris and Scott did a great job from the GSSF Staff. The BGSL had a full compliment of RO's that ran a great match. Thanks to all for your hard work so we could have a great day of fun at our favorite sport. This is I believe my 6th GSSF Match to the BGSL and I have said every time that it is a must match to attend. It is one of the most beautiful facilities and is always extremely well run.

Thanks again to everyone and I will be back next year.:thumbsup:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

got soaked friday setting up in the rain. saturday wasn't the best day i ever spent at a range, windy, not alot of sun early but the afternoon wasn't bad. lot of water standing in low places and some mud to deal with. this is as dirty as my truck has ever been. sunday was a great day with lots of sun. i was suspose to work till noon but no one came till 1:30 to take over for me. i felt sort of rushed shooting. first time out with the 10mm and so far i like the results. got to see, talk to, and eat dinner with alot of great shooters and friends. team mate ERR ought to have a win coming his way and a move to Master. i counted 28 people that i saw at the range i knew. considering how many times they all shot i should know and spoke to a third of the GSSF shooters there, the way GSSF counts shooters. one shooter "invited" me to come up to indy next for an *** kicking. i also think i found a good deal on a dillon 650 from one of the shooters i ran on the 5TG.

edit: i should add that lin edwards did the best job i've ever seen of orginizing the RO staff so that the shooters and the ROs were well taken care of. most of the shooters, myself included, often forget all the behind the scenes work that goes on to make one of these events happen. other ranges putting a match together should talk to lin and take a lesson from what he has done.

4. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

naw, naw naw,Ed. You got it all wrong... You're gettin' older and can't hear as good...FIX yer AZZ...that's what was said...FIX yer AZZ- Fix it right up buddy!...Lissen- you come up to Indy next year on Friday, 'cause I wanna take you out to the back kitchen of a little cantita...You gotta a OH CCW don't you? That's good, never hurts to have a little heat in there besides the habeneros...MY TREAT
    for being the 1st RO to handle Noah- and again- THANKS for getting him off on the right foot!
    I didn't shoot- just brought my youngest-Noah,14yo- for his 1st GSSF match...he had fun he said, except for the plates, but that's fixable.
    Pretty drive down-except for the strech from Harrodsburg Rd to I-75 on Man'o War Blvd...bumper to bumper and hit EVERY stoplite on the way outa there.
    We shot Sat from maybe 11a to 1:30p..MAN- that 5tg was cccccold and wwwwwindy...
    Got to see a bunch of the guys from Louisville, and Indy Glockers...
    We registered him about 10am I'd guess and he was 206...dunno if that means a big/little/or about right crowd.

5. want2race441

want2race441

Next time, take New Circle instead of Man-O-War. From 75, take the 60/Winchester rd exit. Up 3 lights, then left on New Circle. 3 or 4 lights and then it turns into an expressway, all the way to Harrodsburg rd.

Reverse for the way home.

6. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

It was a beautiful day on Sunday. This is my third Bluegrass Match and I love this place. The ride is beautiful and the RO and host range is great. My compliments to BGSL for such a great match as always. It's a must match to attend as others have said. I only got stuck in the mud once and went down to the stages forgetting my little envelop and a trip back to the main house. That's all right, I started to focus after that. I had a great time and even had a personal best in Am Comp. including the plates. Keep up the great work BGSL and I'll see you next year!

7. RTGAP

RTGAP

Even with a cold and windy start Saturday morning, (and jumping a few water puddles) the match was a great time. Saw some friends and got to put some faces to names fm here. The match had little to no waiting time (I think the longest time we waited was 10 minutes). I didn't mind the cold and wind, just happy the rain had stopped. Thanks to all that helped and made the match a great time.

8. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Shot on Saturday morning...everything went very smooth. Probably the best GSSF match I've been to. Very organized and run very well just like all of Lin's matches.

Thanks to all the RO's that worked the match.

9. Mrs. L.

Mrs. L.

:sad: this was our last match for the year; what a match BGSL puts on- what a way to end the year:thumbsup:
    We had another scary trip what with the rain, fog, mist, traffic and then that truck that wanted my car to carry his dry-wall! We managed to get to Lexington around 4pm after starting out at 6am; had a good dinner with friends at Longhorn(finally putting names on faces)and made some new friends. Sat morn we took our time getting to the range and had no wait at any of the stages-I actually shot a 7.62 on one string at the practice plates!!! And then proceeded to double that when it really counted :dunno: This I do for fun...and every time I'm amazed that I'm getting better at it. Had a great year and met some more great people!!
    We'll be back!

10. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

This was my 4th at Lexington, and my best. Was there Sun, and shot Am Sub for the 1st time, and suffice it to say, the leaders have nothing to worry about :animlol: . Am Civ was my best showing, but again, the leaders aren't in danger. My brother schooled me in both categories, but I still had fun.

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Concur on both counts; shot the M first thing Sat AM and at the query "Is the shooter ready?" all 3 poppers were simultaneously flattened by a wind gust. Made for an interesting and tension-breaking moment. Good stuff.
    :)

Was also in the clubhouse early enough to hear some of the RO Q&A and completely concur with Ed that the prelim work done had that piece of the match firmly in the "Ducks in a Row" category. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just love coming to BGSL.

:patriot: