Levi Strauss Sticking with Gun Control Push Whether Customers Agree or Not

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by B C, Jul 18, 2019.

1. BigBull 301

BigBull 301

Just another reason not to buy the SF nut huggers...

glock1097 and Intolerant like this.
  2. nursetim

nursetim

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    PatinAz and spork like this.

3. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Been wearing Wranglers for over 20 years!

glock1097, aircarver and Intolerant like this.
  4. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Levi's never fit me so there has always been that.

5. PBCounty

PBCounty

They still make some of the best looking jeans out there, so I will continue to purchase them, even if their quality is sub par. Their dark wash in a couple different cuts with contrasted stitching pairs too well with an untucked dress shirt on a super casual day or decent sport coat in evenings. I've yet to find another brand that does that as well - all because of the cut and dyes.

6. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

I switched to Wranglers in the 1960s. Dickey's are also excellent for hard wear.

7. pblanc

pblanc

If I need another pair of jeans, I will buy some Wrangler's at Rural King when I go there to buy ammo.

8. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 26 Gen 4

Guess I'm in the Wrangler group too..
    Not one more red cent..
    Join the club, Boycott Levi Strauss

Bus007, aircarver and Intolerant like this.
  9. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Levi Strauss & Co. went public in the early 70’s, giving family members a liquidity event. Descendants of the family regained control at a low point and took it private in the mid-1980’s. The corporate political viewpoint was decidedly affected by these family owners (inherited wealth) and given it was a private company, their’s to do what they wanted with it.

This year, they took the company public again (another liquidity event). It will be interesting to see if they can keep on their decidedly progressive track once the stock becomes more broadly owned. If Nike is any guide, maybe it won’t matter.

Edit for atrocious grammar, these antibiotics are kicking my rear end. :(

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  10. Intolerant

Intolerant

Screw them!
    I quit buying levi`s many years ago when they went on their last rant about gun control.

Another issue comes to mind, anti-gun credit card companies. Show me a credit card company that isn`t anti-gun. They ALL are!

Whenever i want to purchase a new gun, i go draw the money i need out of the bank, to purchase my firearm. Doing it that way, credit card companies wont be able to in any way, "put a target on my back". In God we trust, the rest of us pay cash. Companies like levi`s, and credit card companies that are anti-gun, need to be squashed. But it will never happen.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...nies-to-monitor-and-restrict-lawful-purchases

Though we gun owners are the minority, and WE ARE, out numbered, one day, these anti-gun crowds will eventually win. And when the guns are gone, the anti-gun people and businesses will rejoice, until this country gets attacked. There`s your future folks. I likely wont live to see that day because i`m pretty old, but you better get teaching the youngsters that guns ARE very important to their livelihood. Where we old ones lay down our torches, they will have to pick up the torches, and move ahead, to defend our beloved constitution. But then again, i dont see the young defending gun rights anymore than the constitution, either.

11. blackjack

blackjack

Ditto - they exited my shopping choices back in the 90s when the SF sissy-boys caused them to discontinue their long-time support of the Boy Scouts. Of course, now the sissy-boys have won the long game with the BSA so it was turned into an empty gesture on my part.

aircarver likes this.
  12. Travelinman

Travelinman Banned

• The San Francisco 49'ers are playing in Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, which is 45 .miles south from SF, which should show you unequivocally, how unbalanced The City's residents can be.

Intolerant and Bus007 like this.
  13. Travelinman

Travelinman Banned

There have been a strange bunch since Yuerba Buena was founded in 1842.

I must admit a great fondness for Americas most beautiful city in my residence from 1960 to 1964.

14. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

I believe it was back in the 90's when they came out as anti-gun, haven't bought a pair of Levi's since that time! Frack em!

Intolerant likes this.
  15. GigG

GigG Reformed 1911 Shooter

Yep it was. I don't remember the exact year but my gun club had a bonfire.

Intolerant likes this.
  16. fastbolt

fastbolt

Well, I could see how it might make some large companies reluctant, or outright queasy, to think about taking a strong moral position against black-on-black violence. Easier to isolate guns as the cause.

If the problem is "guns in the hands of the wrong people" (to borrow from an article about the company's beliefs), who are the wrong people?

How do more restrictions affect them?

Is it more of an enforcement and sentencing problem when the "wrong people" are apprehended and tried for violent crimes, and then returned to society so quickly?

If the "wrong people" are committing more violent crimes while on probation/parole, or are out-of-custody while released on bail or own-recognizance awaiting a previous case to be tried ... where's the problem really happening?

If existing restrictions are not curbing the violence committed by the "wrong people", will adding more restrictions be more effective?

Same old, same old ...

17. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

I can name gun manufacturer's and retail sellers who have sold us out as well, politicians too. Including our President in the past. Look at Bill Ruger, may he rot. Any kind of company or Politician will flip flop on anything that increases their bottom line or helps prevent them from getting a day job.

Thats why we need the NRA alone. Just to keep tabs on these greedy schmucks. Do you really think anyone with Trumps money feels like were equal to him? Or that the same Laws apply to him that do to us? Reagan was the same way, so was Bush 1. They flip-flopped on guns cause they needed us not because they believed in anything.

A big gun maker will secretly sponsor a bill that gets rid of their smaller competition. Or try to. Levi's probably hasn't lost a dime but they are squeezing every last ounce of free commercial time out of their pity party just like Dicks.

18. B C

B C

Check out American Eagle jeans. I like those.

PBCounty and Intolerant like this.
  19. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

People still wear the overpriced crap Levi’s puts out? They are seldom seen in my neck of the woods

20. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Been a couple of decades since I wore any Levi’s. Right about the time they decided they were anti-gun.

Intolerant likes this.