Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Patriot
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following this most recent hunting season I got a wild hair about wanting to convert my little Marlin 336Y .30-30 into a takedown. I did some internet research and found that Lee Hadaway, owner of The Arms Room in Trinidad, Colorado, specialized in converting lever guns to takedowns and Marlin's in particular. I reached out to Lee and after we talked I decided to ship it to him with instructions on what I wanted done.

After just over four months he contacted me and said the rifle was on it's way back to Arkansas. The brown truck delivered it today and I gotta say I am quite pleased with the work that Lee did to the rifle which included the takedown conversion, refinish the rifle, action job, and trigger work.

He also provided a custom leather case that a saddle maker friend makes for Lee's takedown rifles. It has three compartments; two padded compartments for the two sections of the rifle and a middle compartment for ammo and other gear.

While I was waiting on the work to be done on my rifle, I had Buffalo Brand Leather make a custom stock sleeve for it as well.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Sweet! I’ve seen their work before on the Internet. Couldn’t afford such luxury, so I went more affordable way and bought Browning BLR Lightweight ‘81 Takedown in .308 Win.

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
I am devastated the pics are not showing for me. Not sure why, it appears everyone can see them.

Sounds very cool though. I didn’t know such a thing existed.

·
Registered
32,353 Posts
Wicked decent set up! I ain't gonna' ask how much it cost, but will be looking for a range report when you get to try it out for real. Have fun with it.
To Hell with that, I am.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
It looks really great, please let us know how it shoots, what do you think of the action job, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts