Level 3 holster for glock factory light

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by glock 19z, Feb 15, 2016.

1. glock 19z

glock 19z Supreme Member

Hi all. Does anyone know if the blackhawk level 3 light bearing SERPA holster will accommodate the factory glock light? If not, does any other manufacturer offer one? Thank you in advance,
    A concerned officer in CT

2. allegro

allegro

The Fobus Tactical might fit your needs

3. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

SERPAs are only designed to on fit the Blackhawk light. They came out with the EPOCH line that fits other lights, but I'm not sure if the Glock light is one of them. Sorry.

x_out86 likes this.
  4. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Unless they've changed it, the Serpa only fits the Xyphos light. Safariland makes a number of rigs that will accommodate the Glock light. I believe the 6360 and 6280 both fit the bill.

5. x_out86

x_out86

Msu is correct. SERPA will only fit the xyphos light because it is offset mounted.

The EPOCH is supposed to fit just about anything else.

msu_grad_121 likes this.
  6. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

It does not.

Assuming you have a G17/22 like everyone else on the planet, Safariland 6280/85, 6360/65, and 6390/95 are all available for the GTL10 et al.

7. Cochese

What gun and GTL 10, 21/22, or 51/52?

8. Cochese

Also, are you restricted to the GTL by policy? If not, I would seriously consider an Inforce APL, SL TLR-1, or X series.

Glockdude1 likes this.
  9. glock 19z

glock 19z Supreme Member

Thanks guys for the replies. There are no restricti9ns, I simply happen to have a GTL. I'll likely spend a few OT dollars to buy a TLR-1 and accommodating holster. I wish they'd make a rechargeable version.

When I get the TLR, does everyone agree the Safariland is the best option?

Gombey and Cochese like this.
  10. Cochese

Look at the Inforce APL as well. They make a dedicated Glock version. I much prefer the APL paddles to the TLR.

If you DO get a TLR-1, make sure its the HL model.

Safariland is the gold standard in duty holsters. I'm partial to the 6390 with a doohickey over the button.

11. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

At the risk of going against the grain, I'm not a Safariland holster fan. I've used Blackhawk SERPA holsters for years, in some really harsh conditions, to great effect. I know some on here will bristle up when I say that, but that's my experience. That said, I am interested in the ALS system Safariland makes, and I have exactly zero experience with the EPOCH holster. I don't think you'll have any problems if you go with a major brand manufacturer for a duty holster.

Cochese likes this.
  12. Cochese

Potato/Potatoe

As long as it holds your **** good and is comfortable...

I always fell like I had to think too much with the BH level 3. I played around with that and the Xyiphos and just couldn't get cozy with it. I dislike holsters that stick out far away from my body and those with excessive cant.

The 6390 is an ALS holster. It's a level 1, but I added a 6006 ALS guard and its more secure. They have the 7TS holsters out now. Still trying to decide if I want to try one.

I actually bought a Safariland 589GLS which has a new "Grip lock System" and modified it for duty carry on my second lite belt setup.

So far so good.

msu_grad_121 likes this.
  13. Schaffer

Schaffer

The 7TS is da BOMB.Same operation of the 6360 but the holster material is different. I find the draw and reholstering is much smoother. I run a TLR1 on my blaster, i'd recommend the HL model. Other lights like the Inforce and X series by Surefire work just as well. I'd go somewhere that has all three so you can see what you like best.

A few guys i work with have been using the EPOCH holsters and seem to like them. Operation seems to be simple and easy to work. Again I would go somewhere that has both holsters and try them out.

14. Cochese

The EPOCH looks like a decent option, but I can't deal with how far they stick out from the body. I already have child bearing hips. I would rip the door frame off my office if it stuck out that far.

msu_grad_121 and Glockdude1 like this.