close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lets talk Juicing

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SiberianErik, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

I am really trying to up my general preparedness level with lots of daily PT, more shooting, etc..

I would like to add juicing to my diet. My goal to to increase my overall energy level and lose about 20 lbs. I am 6 ft and 245, would like to get down to a solid 225.

I have a friend that swears by this and lost 30 lbs juicing in about 2 months. We are not on speaking terms right now though(he refuses to give back my FiveSeven, long story) so anyone into this ???

give me your experiences, recipes, and most importantly what is a good juicer to get ???I will be getting this off Amazon so..and would like to keep it btw $100-150.00..thanks.

2. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

lol i thought you was talking about steroids at first! As for the juicer its a waste of time and money, You want to lose weight then its all about your daily caloric intake. If it takes 2300 calories to maintain your current bodyweight and you eat 2600 a day your going to gain weight exact opposite if you eat less calories! Losing weight is extremely simple to do its sad that people make it way more complicated then it really is, Bodybuilding and Fitness are a Lifestyle. You need to change your lifestyle not just go on a dumb diet to shed a few pounds, Because once you stop your diet you'll put the weight right back on unless you continue to eat clean/good and exercise!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I prefer Jamba Juice but at $5 a day that adds up to about $150 a month so I just grab one weekly. I know people who swear by juicers as well but I never could get into it. My buddy has one main recipe and its just carrots all the time.

:50cal:

4. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Well, I can speak from experience, not knowing what active enzymes are doing, but they are doing good things for me. I am just about a month and a half into my new change to juicing. I juiced for a full month with a couple cheat days in there, and lost about 18lbs or so. Today I weighed in at the gym, down 22lbs.

I juice for breakfast and lunch now and don't have any dairy, sugars or breads other than a glass of vino with dinner. It keeps coming off. I am one of those guys who could never lose weight, now I can and have no problem doing it. I also hit the cardio six days a week, but have been doing that for the last three years with limited success.

I use the Jack LaLanne juicer from Costco ($89). Works great for me, just juice it up, slam about a quart of it and get on with the day. I also doubled my water intake. I have nothing but positives to say about it. Other than my pants look funny all bunched up and the belts no longer fit. Four inches off my waist in the last month helps. My summer shorts just fall to the ground. Kind of funny.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  5. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

You will also notice your grocery bill going down substantially. Breakfast I throw in a beet, carrots, celery, cuccumber, kale, tomato a green apple and a couple strawberries for lunch I spice it up, two tomatoes, celery, onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, serrano or jalapeno pepper, green red and yellow peppers and go to town...it's like a big bloody mary. I love it.

Getting through the first week or two is the struggle, I woke up dreaming of cheez-its and pepperoni pizza. Break the carb cycle and it starts working well for you.

6. manfred the wonder d

manfred the wonder d

I juice 50-50 celery and carrots. You just plain feel better after drinking it and sure is tasty.

7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Careful, you'll loose yer stones and get moobs. Lol

I can't see skipping the fiber and sucking out all the sugar from fruit to be healthy. But to each his own.

8. AA#5

AA#5

There are several reasons juicing (or eating) raw veggies (especially green ones) results in phenomenal weight loss. They're the same reasons a plant-based diet works for weight loss.

1. Non-starchy vegetables are low in calories & carbs. In fact, the more you eat, the faster you'll lose fat because they take more calories to metabolize than they provide.

2. The high fiber content (if you add some of the pulp back in the juice) slows down digestion which means less of a rise in blood sugar which means less insulin secretion to bring blood sugar back down. Insulin is a fat-storing hormone, so the less you have circulating in your body, the harder it will be to store fat.

3. The high micronutrient density of vegetables also contributes to weight loss. Check out the A.N.D.I. score (ANDI stands for Aggregate Nutrient Density Index)

I started eating this way at 250 lbs. Now, 168 lbs.

9. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Juicing destroys the basic purpose of veggies, correct? HH

10. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

correct . juicers and juicing is like snake oil . by juicing you are not getting the good benefits of fruits and veggies

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Throw some brisket in your juicer

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Decorative?

13. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

A better option is a smoothie, using the whole fruit. You keep the fiber. A high-zoot blender works for this.

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Vitamix I hear

What's high-zoot?

15. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Vitameatavegamin is the best...

16. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

High-zoot is a local term for something seriously powerful or high-specification with a definite geeky/nerdy connotation.

I think we have a green something or other blender. You won't find it at Walmart, and it has a bigger motor than most people have in their drill press. I swear that thing would blend stones into sand. We throw in apples chunked up, seeds and stem and all, this thing doesn't care. Last time it got used was when we were watching the neighbor's baby and had to make some baby food.

17. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

you want the stuff coming in from canada not mexico..

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Its the Honeybadger Blender!

19. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

throw in some larvae also :supergrin:

20. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

OP, pay attention to the bolded quote.

Eat food. Good wholesome food.