Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts
I know this is "Glock Talk"..but there is something about a beautiful mechanical revolver, cocking the hammer back, cyl. turning,...just has that feel of a bunch of hard metal parts all wotking smoothly together..gotta love the feeling!

+1 on the above. My first duty and off duty was a revolver and they will always be a favorite.

Reactions: Bullman

Let's bring this thread back to life. :)

M29 Mountain weighs aboutthe same as a 1911 Government, 210gr Gold Dot expanded to 0.750" with 1390fps MV. Carried mostly during the winter months at my place because a number of large predators come down from the mountains.

Carrying now during the monsoon, 200gr XTP @1470fps, N105 powder is a great powder for the 180gr and 200gr XTPs. ....very accurate. ....should perform well on a stray hog. Working on a Cast Performance 255gr WFNPB to replace 300gr JSP/WFNs in back up speedloaders.

Anyone else live near wilderness? :)

Let's bring this thread back to life. :)

M29 Mountain weighs aboutthe same as a 1911 Government, 210gr Gold Dot expanded to 0.750" with 1390fps MV. Carried mostly during the winter months at my place because a number of large predators come down from the mountains.

Carrying now during the monsoon, 200gr XTP @1470fps, N105 powder is a great powder for the 180gr and 200gr XTPs. ....very accurate. ....should perform well on a stray hog. Working on a Cast Performance 255gr WFNPB to replace 300gr JSP/WFNs in back up speedloaders.

Anyone else live near wilderness? :)
Close, I live near Seattle. :supergrin:

M1917

When my son was in the New Orleans ER, a home invader came in with a thigh wound from a "fifty caliber pistol". Eighteen inches of femur was "turned into crumbs" and the exit wound was "large enough to put your fist in"

Somehow the femoral artery survived, so the patient was still alive when he went upstairs to a room. Word was that some of the young docs were going to try to save the leg.

I'll bet everybody was surprised when that big gun went off in a small town house.

Lot of thread resurrections going on lately. Ironically, they all seem to come from the 2012 era. :dunno:

That being said, this was worthy of resurrection. :supergrin:
I agree. :thumbsup:

Gun-wise, have always tended towards vanilla. The S&W stainless K-frame has been my mainstay over the years and it has served me well. But in a recent moment of wild abandon at the local gun shop, temporary insanity got the best of me and I walked out with this sweetheart of a big bore Ruger...

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Starting pistol Airsoft gun Trigger
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

Had her out to the range before the ink dried on the credit card receipt. What a smooth shooting wheelgun she is. After a slight sight adjustment, it now shoots to point-of-aim with 230 gr 45ACP and 225 gr 45 Colt. Recoil is very mild compared to shooting the 44 magnum---helped by the stout stainless frame and the 44 oz weight. Is nice to be able to shoot all day without the pain. The grips worried me since I'm used to wearing Hogues on my K-frames, but these Ruger wood grips were actually quite comfortable during the entire afternoon shooting session. Already ordered more moon clips for the ACP rounds and a leather belt holster from Ruger. Me thinks I just found a new trail gun.

I agree. :thumbsup:

Gun-wise, have always tended towards vanilla. The S&W stainless K-frame has been my mainstay over the years and it has served me well. But in a recent moment of wild abandon at the local gun shop, temporary insanity got the best of me and I walked out with this sweetheart of a big bore Ruger...

View attachment 258511 View attachment 258512 View attachment 258513

Had her out to the range before the ink dried on the credit card receipt. What a smooth shooting wheelgun she is. After a slight sight adjustment, it now shoots to point-of-aim with 230 gr 45ACP and 225 gr 45 Colt. Recoil is very mild compared to shooting the 44 magnum---helped by the stout stainless frame and the 44 oz weight. Is nice to be able to shoot all day without the pain. The grips worried me since I'm used to wearing Hogues on my K-frames, but these Ruger wood grips were actually quite comfortable during the entire afternoon shooting session. Already ordered more moon clips for the ACP rounds and a leather belt holster from Ruger. Me thinks I just found a new trail gun.
That's an awesome pickup. :thumbsup:

love seeing those redhawks!
I CC'ed a 44 redhawk years ago, blued 5.5" barrel. I liked the gun, did some trigger work, and shot it a lot. Reloading helped with that. A buddy and I would shoot 100-250 rounds nearly every evening and reload it for the next day.

Like a fool, I sold it as I wanted a SS version. I still vaccilate between a RH and a SRH Alaskan, but i'll probably get a 4" RH.

Redhawks are damn fine guns, shoot great and you can sure pistol whip the **** out of a hippie with it.

I was watching some tube the other day, specifically the Yankee Marshal. He likes revolvers a lot. Anyway he had a video concerning a special rare S&W 44 magnum carry comp 3 inch barrel and my heart was filled with lust. M&P style N frame with a 3 inch barrel, it moved me. Started to look them up on gun broker and I would have to mortgage my house to buy one of those beasts, if I could find one for sale at the time. But I want. Might have to settle for a 3 inch 69.

... special rare S&W 44 magnum carry comp 3 inch barrel and my heart was filled with lust. ... But I want. Might have to settle for a 3 inch 69.
There's nothing like shooting a short barreled .44 Magnum on a cold day at the range. Before any of your senses can register a thing, your visual field is engulfed in a bright flash. Nearly simultaneously, you can feel the cold air on your face become super heated as any residual moisture in the air condenses onto your skin. And, then you hear the blast as you slowly become aware of the fact that the gun and both of your hands are now pointed at the ceiling and that your adrenal gland has secreted copious amounts of epinephrine. And, life is good (unless you happen to be standing in front of the gun, in which case life would be bad).

I recently got a .357 J Frame, but the only .40+ revolvers I own are a 8 3/8" Model 29 and two Ruger Vaqueros - maybe I could CCW that small Vaquero, but it reloads kind of slow.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Revolver Everyday carry Shotgun

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.