Glock Talk banner

lets see some big bore wheelies used for defense......

21K views 65 replies 42 participants last post by  El Pistolero 
#1 ·
i dont mean the monster wheelies used to shoot elephants and require another person to help you reholster it...:rofl:

what i mean is a = or > .40 caliber plus wheely that is carried concealed for defense. be it a charter arms .40cal pitbull or a S&W 629 snubbie....

lots of folks like to carry revolvers for defensive purposes but id like to see and hear only from the folks who do so in the larger calibers. the beloved 642 need not apply.

#3 · (Edited)
hows that gun when point shooting one handed? must be a real brute.

the GP100 with a 3" bbl as a six shot .41mag, 10mm, or if possible a six shot .44spl would be a real haus, with punch, concealable size, and controlable recoil for one handed defensive shooting.

thanks for your posting!

here is my worn out pic which ive posted so many times im sure folks are tired of seeing it.

#8 ·
S&W Model 57, .41 Mag, a classic handgun:

#10 ·
i thought thered be more taurus .44spl, .41mag, and .45colt showings. and while im at it, wheres all the charter arms bulldog .44spls?

most folks who own a S&W 5 shot .44spl 696 or what have you usually dont carry it regularly as its a cultish gun now-a-days and best used for picture taking show-n-tell, rarely a working gun.

#15 ·
I carried my 4" S&W Model 58 .41 Magnum on and off the clock during most of the period from 1985-1990. The only revolver I have actually fired in defense of myself and others was a 4" GP100, as I decided .357 Magnum was plenty enough for human adversaries by the 1990s, and N-frames are really too big for my hands if shooting DA.

I recently acquired a Ruger SRH Alaskan, and installed an original-style GP100 factory
grip. I have yet to carry it, as I am still deciding upon a holster maker, plus trying to recover from a budget situation. There is no hurry, as I do not walk among grizzly,
brown, or polar bears. I doubt I will shoot Casull ammo; most likely .45 Colt, unless I take a trip to Alaska.

No pics; I am still mostly an analog dinosaur.

#22 ·
They get used, mostly during hunting season. I always have a big bore in addition to my long gun.

I've actually killed a few things with my guns. :whistling:

i meant this thread as a ccw type but i guess i should have included hunting revolvers as well because i like the pix of regular guys with game on the bed of their truck and a hogleg in the pix.

#23 ·
i meant this thread as a ccw type but i guess i should have included hunting revolvers as well because i like the pix of regular guys with game on the bed of their truck and a hogleg in the pix.
Perhaps a bit of a misunderstanding. In Pa if you have a carry permit you are allowed to carry a handgun open or concealed for defensive purposes while hunting. Even in seasons where the use of the gun on game would be illegal such as bow and muzzleloading season. Obviously in the regular firearms season they are legal for both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.