Let's Investigate A 10MM Rifles For A Bit ---- OK?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by LinuxLover, Aug 16, 2018.

1. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

I saw a rifle that takes the same ammo as my 10MM Glock. I'm not finding any serious GT check-outs on it, so I am asking.............
    [​IMG]

I was fascinated to say the least. To be honest, the one I saw was black. This is camo and not my choice.
    I held it - it pointed very nicely - a lot better than the Henry Octagonal I was looking at.

I know it's not for 'plinking' or varmint control* - but I'm quite enthused by what it seems to be.

Any warnings-thoughts?

* [I use my G20 10mm for varmints in my backyard, so I may not need a 10mm in a rifle too to take care of them ---> Boy! It's Instant Critter Valhalla!
    That said: I'd like to have one of these if anyone can steer me correctly.]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Are you saying that you don't know the name of the rifle? Or did you simply not name it in your post?

3. LinuxLover

Road Dog and MinervaDoe like this.
  4. northslope66

northslope66

its a hi point 10mm carbine , a 1095 i think

MinervaDoe likes this.
  5. Dr glock19

Dr glock19

6. LinuxLover

7. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Not sure what your question is. Hi Point carbines are generally well regarded by everyone except the “hate Hi Point everything” crowd. They are cheap and they work. That’s about all you can expect out of a carbine in that price range. If you want a 10mm carbine for cheap, go for it.

Road Dog and pgg00 like this.
  8. Bradley T

Bradley T

I'd get a Chiapa 9mm M1 Carbine.

9. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Total junk. Have your read any of the numerous negative reviews?

Cambo likes this.
  10. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

11. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I use my PCs for most Internet related research. To punish my wife who was a huge proponent of me getting a smart phone, I always make a cooing noise as I force her to use her to look stuff up on hers with, "Oh, you could look it up on your smartphone." Forcing her to read volumes on a screen the size of the palm of her hand. :rofl:

12. Cambo

Cambo

I'll wait for the M41A 10mm (caseless) Pulse Rifle with 99 round mag(and counter), and of course with undermounted 30mm pump action grenade launcher.

Nutty Professor 188 likes this.
  13. Squeeze

Squeeze

[​IMG]
    I have this Just Right Carbine, in 10mm. It is the take-down model, so I can throw it in my truck, in it's carry backpack, and have something other than a pistol, should I need one. It takes Glock mags, so I just throw a pistol case, with either my G20 or G40, in the truck with it, and I have at least 8 mags of ammo. It runs well on round shoulder bullets, and moderate loads, but on full power loads, with XTP bullets, it will fail to feed occasionally. I think it is more the HP type of bullets, catching on the barrel extension, than the full power loads. Also keep in mind, my carbine has seen maybe 100 rounds through it, so it may well get better with HPs as it wears in. I have a Vortex Venom 3 MOA red dot on mine, and with that sight, I get decent groups out to 100 yards, depending on the ammo, and my technique with a trigger that needs an upgrade. That is really my only complaint with the rifle...It needs a trigger upgrade...But it takes AR-15 fire control components, so I just need to spend some money on one.

Squeeze

Willard likes this.
  14. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Hey for a cheap go to carbine 10mm at home I think it's worth it. I can get one for about $350.00 verses the JRC that will cost you $750.00

15. Dr glock19

Dr glock19

You can't get more reliable than blowback system,and most the problems people have with hi point is they use cheap ammo and the gun cant cycle,hi point has been proven time and time again,and in some tests they have worked better than guns double the price.

16. LinuxLover

............what......... no flame thrower?

17. LinuxLover

I went and Googled that rifle.

I'm somewhat unimpressed because to make it truly functional, they have an accessory list that adds a few c-notes to the total price.

I'm going down to my gun store and gonna handle that HiPoint again.

BTW.... that gun store just sold a primo-untouched by human hands-genuine M1 Garand. I had to turn my head so the drool didn't get on it.

Pure sex!

Pure original stock wood, bayonet, six "clips", the bandolier in Vietnam Green, spit kit, clip cases. Too too very very rich for me, and I sorely miss my M1 Garand 7.62 NATO Tanker!

Chris-Mini-G.jpg

Wish I knew what ultimately became of it while I was overseas. My thieving brother-in-law comes to mind...........he's dead from cigarettes. I would have shot him if he wasn't already in an urn.

Maybe I'll shoot his urn...... ........

18. LinuxLover