GlockTalk Forum banner

5041 - 5060 of 5315 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I will have to apologize for the less than stellar picture, but we have adopted a new little girl today. Her name is Nala, and she is a 5 month old mixed Maltese. Nala weighs about 5#, so she is this tiny little thing. Carole is just in love with her, and so I am happy to see her not grieving so hard. I predict that Nala will be getting a bath and a hair cut in about a week.

While I still see Curly’s eyes as he was struggling to breathe, I too am happy to have some new life and energy in our house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
I will have to apologize for the less than stellar picture, but we have adopted a new little girl today. Her name is Nala, and she is a 5 month old mixed Maltese. Nala weighs about 5#, so she is this tiny little thing. Carole is just in love with her, and so I am happy to see her not grieving so hard. I predict that Nala will be getting a bath and a hair cut in about a week.

While I still see Curly’s eyes as he was struggling to breathe, I too am happy to have some new life and energy in our house.

This is fantastic! Congratulations on the new pup.

·
In The Saddle
7,466 Posts

This is Curly. I just left the vet emergency hospital, had to put him to sleep. He woke up in distress this morning, Carole ran him to the vet, and then quickly to the hospital. Apparently he tore a heart valve loose so he was in serious distress. I got a call and was told that he might not make it until I could get here. I got to spend about 5 minutes with him, but he was deteriorating quickly so I just asked that we take care of him first and she could explain it to me after.

Our pets always go to soon.

Been there to many times... Man that hurts. Very sorry you lost that pup and friend. God's grace to you and the wife. Glad you did at least get a few final minutes... Bless ya amigo.

CM
:horse:

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,038 Posts

Well I am super glad for you and your wife and what a looker your new puppy Nala is. You have also spread your happiness to those that grieved with you. Now you have a whole bunch of exciting adventures coming your way. Later.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Been there to many times... Man that hurts. Very sorry you lost that pup and friend. God's grace to you and the wife. Glad you did at least get a few final minutes... Bless ya amigo.

CM
:horse:
I am very glad that I was there as well. When they said that they didn't know if Curly would be able to hold on until I got there, they weren't kidding. And he was relieved to see that someone was there with him. If I had missed that I would have been really upset because it is my belief that no one should have to die alone. And that includes any animal or pet that I have ever known.

Even when I have had to ask my vet to put one of my feral cats (from the shop) to sleep, that has proven to be something significant. These feral cats who up until that point where they were in serious trouble, would rather have nothing to do with me, and have only tolerated me because I do provide food and water every day. But when they are truly sick, most of them will come to me and let me pick them up and take them to see Bay, and we do whatever we can. That quality has shown me that deep down we are all God's creatures, and as such we each deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

Thank you Canyon Man, and everyone here, for the heartfelt sympathies and support. It has meant more then I had ever understood before.

·
In The Saddle
7,466 Posts
I am very glad that I was there as well. When they said that they didn't know if Curly would be able to hold on until I got there, they weren't kidding. And he was relieved to see that someone was there with him. If I had missed that I would have been really upset because it is my belief that no one should have to die alone. And that includes any animal or pet that I have ever known.

Even when I have had to ask my vet to put one of my feral cats (from the shop) to sleep, that has proven to be something significant. These feral cats who up until that point where they were in serious trouble, would rather have nothing to do with me, and have only tolerated me because I do provide food and water every day. But when they are truly sick, most of them will come to me and let me pick them up and take them to see Bay, and we do whatever we can. That quality has shown me that deep down we are all God's creatures, and as such we each deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

Thank you Canyon Man, and everyone here, for the heartfelt sympathies and support. It has meant more then I had ever understood before.

IMG_7758.jpg

My friend, we well understand "Loss," in this household....
I know it hurts like heck, and stings and burns inside to have lost Curly, and nothing else will ever 'replace' Curly, not in the 'same way' that is... You and your wife showed love and gave yourselves to Curly, and that is what counts, and Curly gave it back to you guys as well...

Now, you have "NALA," and with her, you are not "replacing Curly," but rather gaining the opportunity, to continue to pour out all that love, "Again," fresh and new. 'Rest' in the fact that you were there for Curly, and loved him all the time he was a part of the family, and he loved you back, and you did all you could for each other... And now, 'rejoice' in what is ahead, a new journey, and a new opportunity to love, and be loved, again! ;)

Blessing amigo!
From all the gang here...! ;)

CanyonMan

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

I award you 2 points for the picture, 6.5 for the cuteness of the pup, and a million points for how lucky he is to have you.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,667 Posts

You will never forget your old friend, but a new friend does help ease the pain. Cute little pup. I hope she brings you guys joy.

·
Registered
19,938 Posts

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,038 Posts
Well I tried again to get a splash shot close up, close but no cigar. I did get some interesting lighting shots tho.
IMGP0001.JPG

IMGP0002.JPG

IMGP0004.JPG

IMGP0005.JPG

IMGP0007.JPG

One action shot thrown in by Max, he prefers to feed with quick little gulps never really perching, good for me.
IMGP0009.JPG

IMGP0008.JPG

IMGP0014.JPG

Black-Chinned Hummingbird? ^^^
IMGP0026.JPG

View attachment 875582
The weather is still holding with very nice days to photograph hummers. 60, no wind, and sunny. Later.

OOPS! I just found out I posted in the wrong thread sorry. time 4:20pm

Attachments

5041 - 5060 of 5315 Posts