Let's discuss the Minneapolis riots

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Boo Berry, May 27, 2020.

1. sourdough44

sourdough44

No I don’t know all the details. I did hear the deceased died in the hospital a fair amount of time AFTER the knee was on his neck? That may be inconsequential, if true.

Nonetheless, an area to heavily avoid for now.

2. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

No, not sure how you would even infer that. You've read all of my responses in these threads.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Democrats are glad to rule over rubble as long as they get to rule.

[​IMG]

nikerret, BigBull 301, TBO and 12 others like this.
  4. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

You are absolutely right. The pattern is that a less lethal tool or tactic is given to the police by the civilian leadership. The less lethal tool or tactic is used. Suspects die because they fight with the police under the influence of street drugs, alcohol, and while being in ill-health.
    The civilian leadership then blame the police for using the tools and tactics that they gave to the police in the first place. This happened with batons, blood choke holds, OC spray, and now tasers.

Dukeboy01, Boo Berry and rock_castle like this.
  5. ChrisD46

ChrisD46

*I want to know what threat was the victim posing to the police laying on his stomach with his hands handcuffed behind his back ? ... None . So why was it necessary for the police officer to kneel on the victims neck all of that time relaxing with his hand in his pocket until the victim was lifeless ? None . All cops present will have criminal charges pressed against them - the one police officer who actually was responsible for taking the life of the victim will not only face criminal charges but also civil charges as well - essentially this police officer is toast , he's done , you can stick a fork in him now .

Jonesee likes this.
  6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

flyover and Teufelhunden71 like this.
  7. Chui

Chui

I think BOTH are required. It requires knowledge and awareness when to apply either. They are tools. One has to know when to use each tool; wrestlers, from my experience(s) outwrestle pure Judo and Jujitsu guys but if you allow them to wrestle til one quits often times or more times than not the Judo-Jujitsu guy wins because... finishing holds.

It’s just a tool box but WRESTLING *IS* the foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

View: https://youtu.be/0fyq0crmjOk

"Hennepin County District Attorney Michael Freeman, a Democrat, spoke with reporters on Thursday. Freeman said he did not want to rush to make charges in the choking death of George Floyd. Then Freeman added this:

“I will say this, that the video is graphic, and horrificand terrible and no person should do that. But my job in the end is to prove that he violated a criminal statute, and there is other evidence that DOES NOT SUPPORT A CRIMINAL CHARGE. We need to wade through all of that evidence.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...e-evidence-not-support-criminal-charge-video/ "

What is he talking about?

Boo Berry likes this.
  9. Deltic

Deltic

There is nothing subtle about it.

10. Lampshade

Lampshade

He was dead before the medics even showed up. He was simply declared dead a short time later once arriving at the hospital.

That is what typically happens except in a few limited circumstances where EMS may pronounce death on scene.

Deltic, BigBluefish and pblanc like this.
  11. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

No pulse in the ambulance according to the sources I heard. He might have been declared dead upon arrival.

BigBluefish likes this.
  12. thespork

thespork

It's not true
    The paramedics reported no pulse on scene.....

What you saw was a snuff film, perhaps not the intent, but effectively the outcome

carried out by a seemingly disinterested man, hand in pocket, in a blue uniform with an American flag on his shoulder.

13. rock_castle

rock_castle All Lives Matter

Even a five year old on the school playground knows that if you give in to the bully, he will keep picking on you. We need law enforcement to move in and stop this mess or it's only going to get worse. The time to let these thugs do whatever they want is over. The question is this: do the liberal politicians have the stones to do it?

BigBull 301 and Boo Berry like this.
  14. pblanc

pblanc

As lampshade and walkinguf61 said, sources have indicated that Floyd was clinically dead at the scene upon arrival of Hennepin County Emergency Medical Services personnel, meaning he had no palpable pulse and was not breathing.

This article was published in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. It may or may not be behind a paywall for you:

https://www.startribune.com/first-r...loyd-before-he-was-pronounced-dead/570806682/

Here is an excerpt from the report of Minneapolis fire department first responders who arrived on scene moments after HCEMS departed, but met them about 13 blocks from the scene where HCEMS had stopped en-route to Hennepin County Medical Center and provided medical assistance:

"E17 was started code-two to assist EMS on a call, then updated to code-three. Pre-arrival info stated only that pt had trauma to his mouth. E17 arrived at Cup Foods (38th & Chicago) with multiple squads on scene and small crowd of citizens. As 17s attempted to locate the patient, the crew overheard and was told by several people that the police 'had killed the man.' Bystanders were upset but not unruly. No clear info on pt or location was given by either initial pd officers or bystanders. Crew finally located an officer inside the store who stated HCMC medics had loaded the patient and relocated from the scene. E17 encountered an off-duty firefighter who had witnessed the end of the struggle and witnessed the pt go from struggling to unresponsive on the ground while handcuffed and subdued by PD. Dispatch notified E17 that medics needed Fire code-three, and E17 relocated to 36th & Park Ave.Two crew members got in ambulance. Medics had Lucas device working on an unresponsive, pulseless male. Pt had advanced airway secured; E17 took over ventilations and also assisted medics getting IV and meds prepared. Crew accompanied medics to HCMC STAB room, continuing w/ ministrations. Medics performed pulse checks several times, finding none, and delivered one shock by their monitor. Pt's condition did not change. E17 helped get pt into STAB room, continuing ventilations until relieved by ER staff."

The exact nature of the advanced airway is not given, possibly a supraglotic airway or similar device, but the fact that an advanced airway had been deemed necessary and that mechanical ventilation was required is a clear indication that Floyd was not breathing at that time, which had to be only moments after HCEMS picked him up. The fact that he was pulseless and that external chest compressions were being delivered via a Lucas device is a clear indication he had no effective circulation.

We don't know if he had any pupillary light reflex at that time and we don't know if he had any electrical activity on cardiac monitor. We know that EMS delivered one external transthoracic shock. This probably would not have been done if the patient had an organized rhythm of cardiac electrical activity that was potentially capable of perfusing. A shock may have been delivered to a patient with apparent asystole ("flat line") to exclude the possibility of fine ventricular tachycardia. But in essence, it is clear that Floyd was clinically dead either at the scene, or within moments after. And we know he never regained a pulse.

The Star Tribune article indicates that resuscitative efforts were continued for nearly an hour after Floyd arrived at the stabilization room at Hennepin County Medical Center before he was pronounced dead. I could do CPR on a clinically dead patient for hours without success before I finally pronounced him, but it would not change the fact that the patient was essentially dead on arrival.

15. rock_castle

rock_castle All Lives Matter

How does one likely bad cop in Minneapolis make it acceptable for thousands of thugs all over the country to steal and destroy other people's property? There is just no way to rationalize this and make it ok. None.

16. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Probably because it's not just one and for the most part they stand in solidarity regardless of the outcome.

Jonesee likes this.
  17. Teufelhunden71

Teufelhunden71

The local police/government does not stop it, so it becomes acceptable because the authorities look the other way. Same as Baltimore and other cities. Looters know they won't be sought out/arrested.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

rock_castle likes this.
  18. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

Good to see the mayor is on it and has a plan to stop the riots and restore order... (well, not really).

DonGlock26, cbetts1 and rock_castle like this.
  19. B C

B C

copycat riots are taking place around the US. Memphis, Columbus, LA and so on. The Ohio State House was broke into by antifa goons. This isn't about George. This is about being the biggest victim and ignoring reality.

DonGlock26 and Boo Berry like this.
  20. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

That comes from sports I think. People used to say they got the wind knocked out of them, but they could talk. So they can still breathe some. It doesn't mean the person is okay but it may calm them down some I guess.