close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lets Be Positive

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Mar 12, 2005.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Folks,

There are too many negative attitudes in the world today. I think the internet helps breed negative attitudes. I probably have had a right to be negative. I lost a wife in September 2003 after a year long battle with cancer. I had a heart attack in October 2004. I lost my job in February 2005. Hard to find a new job when you are 60 and getting over a heart attack. However, I choose to be positive. Life is too short for anything else. I've remarried and now have a wonderful family and a brighter future. The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is tell myself that life is great. When I shave I tell the reflection in the mirror that I feel great.

Our great nation was founded by people with positive attitudes, dreams and visions. We should strive to perpetuate those feelings in our everyday life.

The only permanent thing in life is change. It's all around us. When changes are made to GSSF, we should retain a positive attitude and make the best of it. If we like and enjoy GSSF, then we should do what we can to perpetuate the sport.

Gasoline prices fluctuate daily, shometimes hourly. I've been a member of GSSF since 1997 and the annual dues have been unchanged since that time. The dues increase, effective April 1, 2005 is only 83 cents per month. I don't think that warrants being made into a federal offense. Match fees are unchanged, yet GSSF added 30 pistols to the prize allocation last year. Be positive. There may be a similar allocation this year, perhaps in a different promotion.

If some clubs have been requested to purchase their own steel is that so unreasonable? The steel would not be for exclusive GSSF use. I think that would be better than raising match fees for those matches requiring GSSF to tow thier equipment hundreds of miles, in an economic effort to offset the rising cost of fuel, equipment and labor.

What do we get out of our membership money? We get the opportunity to shoot at GSSF matches, win prizes, obtain free armorer service, free parts, all in addition to the opportunity to shoot in competition. Add in three Glock Reports per year, delivered to our door--printing and mailing costs are not cheap either--a free Glock Annual magazine delivered to our door and the priceless fellowship. That's still a bargain, even at 83 cents per month more than we've been paying.

Be positive. If you wish to save money, then become a life member before April 1, 2005.

If GSSF looses a few matches, be positive. Other matches will take their place. We lost Indy a few years ago, but GSSF survived. We lost Harvard a few years ago, but GSSF survived. We are quick to place blame, but reluctant to accept blame. If we want a better and stronger sport, WE must strive to make it a better, stronger support. We can intruduce new members. We can volunteer to RO for a day. We can paste targets when "on deck." We can make it better. We can be positive or we can be negative. Let us be positive.

I signed up two new members last year, and hope to sign up more this year. I suggest each of you try to intruduce one new member to GSSF in 2005.

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Amen....Danny.:cool:

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

4. Terminator

Terminator

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Coach, you are a WISE Man. Thank you! ;Y ^c

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I am thinking so possitively that I have already registered for both Anderson and Richmond. Who knows I may have entry numbers 001, 002, & 003 at both matches. Isn't life great, I Love It.:) :) :) ^c

7. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

Danny is right how many other institutions go so long without raising prices. We just have to wait a little untill things get clarified.

8. on target

on target

9. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

Among other things, towing a big, heavy trailer all over the USA is somewhat more dangerous than driving without one.

I, for one, am glad if this change allows Scott, Chris, Dave, Julie, et al to be SAFER on the road.

Just a positive thought.

10. cmzneb

cmzneb

DannyR-

Very well said!!!!

I too am guilty often of resisting change. Change is good, although it doesn't always seem that way initially.

I am looking forward to a few more GSSF matches this year myself!

Would love to see a match in NE, but was lead to believe that there is a list and a half of ranges waiting to host matches.

11. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I think I'm just going to pay the extra ten bucks and just get on with my life.

12. Dino Rustler

Dino Rustler

Amen DannyR!
    If your club hosts a GSSF match and you don't like the price increase, then RO the event. Glock will give you a year membership, or other items for your time (and a chance to win a gun for being RO).
    If your club doesn't have steel, have somebody work the members. You can almost always find somebody with a cutting torch and a welder.
    Make the targets and have 'fun' shoots with them to pay for the cost of steel etc.
    Set up the Glock match a week early and charge shooters to come out and practice. There are countless events you can do it somebody wants to do it.

13. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Additional ditto. I only want to add one point. If we want GSSF to continue, they need two things. More members shooting more entries.

14. willm

willm

I have observed this situation for several days now and have printed and shredded my GSSF form twice well that changed this morning after reading Doug's response in an another thread. IMHO, Doug has demonstrated good and sound leadership for the organization he is responsible for.

I have sent via priority mail my form to be a lifetime member of GSSF.

I have on permanent loan a Glock 19 to my father and have yet to replace it but I have some time to get another before Ft. Harmar in July.

If I have to I will trade one of my P225's,I am a single-stack fan and have been reluctant to return to glock, to be able to compete. This sport seemed to be the best opportunity around based on all of the characteristics of the competition as well as the prize opportunities.

Thank you all!

P.S. With all of the stuff we buy in America has anyone thought of gifting memberships and/or scholarship opporunities to get new shooters involved.

Respectfully submitted.

15. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

No problem here before, none now; that's it for me anyway.
    Indy reg form already on the way, as it's gonna be an "empty-nest-catch-a-Cubs'game-onthewayback-vacation" kinda trip for me & my CFO. ;3
    And I wouldn't be surprised to meet some of Rochester MN's finest there too. ;f