1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
29,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Illegal to have guns in bars in Texas... so... tough nuts (and a 10 year sentence for having the gun in the bar along with manslaughter charge.)

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Illegal to have guns in bars in Texas... so... tough nuts (and a 10 year sentence for having the gun in the bar along with manslaughter charge.)
Isn't the rule that you can't carry into a place that derives 51% of it's income from alcohol products? Don

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Isn't the rule that you can't carry into a place that derives 51% of it's income from alcohol products? Don
Yes. Bars have a red '51%' notice. Restaurants that serve food (and take in more income from food than booze) just have the notice that if your gun is not licensed it's a 10 year sentence.

Reactions: DonD

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,863 Posts
Triple Face Palm.jpg

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
How does the customer know if the place gets 51% of its income from alcohol? Yes, sometimes you just know but do they require a no gun sign on those places.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
How does the customer know if the place gets 51% of its income from alcohol? Yes, sometimes you just know but do they require a no gun sign on those places.
It has this sign outside by the entrance...

·
The Kindly Curmudgeon
4,210 Posts
Jose Cuervo you are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with a little salt and lime
Did I kiss all the cowboys?
Did I shoot out the lights?
Did I dance on the bar?
Did I start a fight?

So how can one shoot out the lights then?

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
Florida has kind of a twisted law on guns and alcohol.

It isn't illegal to have your weapon and drink.
But... you can't sit in an area designated primarily for drinking.
You can go in a restaurant and sit at a dining table and order a beer, but you can't sit at the bar 20' away.

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Yes. Bars have a red '51%' notice. Restaurants that serve food (and take in more income from food than booze) just have the notice that if your gun is not licensed it's a 10 year sentence.
Although I've had a TX CHL since I moved here 10+ yrs ago, I never visit bars so that issue is somewhat irrelevant to me. Don

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Although I've had a TX CHL since I moved here 10+ yrs ago, I never visit bars so that issue is somewhat irrelevant to me. Don
I agree... I drink those little 7 ounce Michelobs... and that is it. Never been much of a boozer.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts