close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lets ban sad pet threads

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Resqu2, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Resqu2

Resqu2

I can look at all the Haita pictures with the body's being dumped in mass graves, body's burning in the street, people trapped, surgery pics using hack saws then go out and work wrecks and see untold horrors and none of it bothers me but all these sad pet threads lately just tear me up :crying: Maybe it's because my 3 dogs are all getting up in age :dunno:

To all the one's who have had sad pet stories lately, I'm sorry for you and I know my day is coming X 3.

2. 540mope

540mope

....don't open sad pet threads

3. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

It's ok, we'll open your thread and encourage you when the time comes. It's a great coping mechanism those of us who have lost some close pets lately. And it will for you when the time comes.
    Cherish the time you have now.

John

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  4. Resqu2

Resqu2

Yes sir it is, GT has a bunch of good people here. I'm sure anyone reading this can tell I'm not serious about banning them, there does seem to be more than usual lately and it's always in the back of my mind as mine get older. Pet threads will bring tears to my eyes when nothing else in the world will, strange isn't it?

5. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

Yeah there does seem like there have been more lately. I guess it's that time of year we lose pets more. I knew you weren't serious about banning these threads.

6. dad1

dad1

If you ever doubt that dogs are mans best friend, do this test. Put your dog and your wife (girlfriend) in the trunk of your car. Come back in one hour and open the trunk. Which one is really happy to see you.

7. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Canines make the best friends.

:wavey:

8. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

:rofl: Thanks..that's the best laugh I've had all day!

I almost didn't read this thread, because I know how a dog (and even cats) can become a member of the family and how tough the loss of one can be to the owner and it's always a downer hearing about somebody's loss

. It's not that most people value dogs over people, but the relationship between a dog and good owner is something special, and can't be duplicated in other relationships between animals and man. I used to always get a laugh at how fast my brittany would come running when I hollered.."HEY BEAN...lets go to town!" The silly dog would stop anything it was doing and almost turn herself inside out hopping into the shotgun seat of the truck....now I'm getting teary eyed thinking about her.

But I'd vote no...let people post obout their pets if it helps them get over the loss. As sterile as an internet condolance may be..at least it's something.

10. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

I have a cat and it can die anytime as far as I'm concerned. I hope one day we open the door and it runs out into the street and BAM, gets nailed my my neighbor's truck. If that happened you wouldn't get a sad pet thread from me -- maybe one of relief and joy

I'm just kidding.:supergrin:

Seriously, I don't like reading them either. They're way, way too sad because I can tell the pain the OP is going through is ripping them apart. That's the sad part.

11. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Cats I really don't care about. But dogs, that's a different story. One of God's greatest gifts to man.