close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Let's balance the budget!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by armorplated, Apr 7, 2010.

1. armorplated

armorplated

You're in charge and have absolute emporer status. US debt is in the trillions and you're going to fix it.

What do you do? Raise taxes? Print more currency? It's your call.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Jay9928

Jay9928 I laugh at liberals.

Kick illegals out for starters.

3. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

4. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Cut congress' salaries and have them not get lifetime benefits. Start drug testing for welfare and any government assistance programs. Privatize social security and pay back what people have already put in. Stop giving as much aid to foreign countries. Nix all stupid studies that get govt grants, i.e. hookup studies of college women only to find out that they get drunk and have sex in college, wow so glad that money went to good use.
    Get rid of unions and actually kick out lobbyists from Washington. Institute term limits to prevent lifetime politicians, however i think with reduced benefits this may not be needed. Start drilling for oils and mining for rare earth minerals and build nuke plants. Deport all the illegals and build two walls, about a mile apart on the border the entire length of the border with automatic gun turrets.

5. shavedape

shavedape

Cut federal funding for everything except the military. Cut taxes for everything except the military. Sit back and watch the storm before the calm.

6. Steve0853

Steve0853

First step......completely eliminate Department of Education. Its crazy for the Feds to be involved in public schools. Let the states and local governments handle that.

HUD could also use some serious pruning.........maybe 50-75%.

Use line item veto.......give a bonus to the staffer that discovered the most ridiculous pork barrel item each day.

I'm sure there's lots more. You would need hearing protectors for all the squealing that would be coming from Capitol Hill....

7. hatrix

hatrix

invade china

8. MARKDANIEL

MARKDANIEL

Get rid of NASA private companys could do it cheaper and moer efficent.

9. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Cut off funding for all federal programs except Military and the three "core" branches. Limit Congress to one seesion for 100 days every two years and only pay them for the time they're in office. They have only that time to pass any laws that need to be passed, like the budget.

Lower taxes by fifty percent across the board, personal and business.

10. Glockrkewl

Glockrkewl

Term limits for congress and senate. Pay them next to nothing unless budget is at minimum balanced or prefered surplus and then give bonuses. Abolish the income tax and social security tax and replace with flat national retail sales tax (Fairtax).

End war on drugs by legalizing most drugs and taxing heavily. Release all non-violent drug offenders from prisons. Legalize prostitution and tax.

Set up a national lottery where funds can only be used for game payouts and deficit reduction.

Secure the border but make it fairly easy to immigrate as long as no violent crimanal record and they agree to take steps to learn english immediately.

Make it so every bill has to be specificly about what is trying to be done. No attaching roller skate parks to the defense bill. Make it very transparent who is pushing for the pork so the voters know and have a way for someone to be easily recalled by voters even before term limit.

11. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

OK, what I said AND what Glockrkewl said with me replacing my tax idea whith GK's fair tax.

12. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

That is your solution to balance the budget? That is what your think is the biggest drain or at the very least the one that you would start with?

NASA represents about 2 hours out of a year of the Federal budget. No matter how you feel about it, it is pretty insignificant.

BTW, if private industry could do it cheaper and more efficent, why havnt they? (because they cant, it is that simple)

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Conquer the whole American continent from north all the way to south. Kill the current regimes in these countries and replace them with American overlords. Give the natives jobs and treat them fairly. Exploit the natural resources & manufacturing bases to compete with China & India. Sell a boat load of stuff to the Europeans and Asians. Instigate low level conflicts in the Middle-East and sell weapons to all parties. Voila!!!

Oh yeah, and exploit Africa too. But there you have to do it differently though. Christianize them at the point of the gun ala the Spanish Conquest of South America. Then put in native lapdogs to take charge with a lot of "supervision" from American "advisors". Bring them up to the 21st Century then sell American craps to them. Exploit their resources by making them do business with us via economic schemes.

Americans will be filthy rich, everybody would hate us and in less than 100-years, massive insurgent wars will break out, the Euros and Asias would team together to take us out and we'd light the Nuclear Fire and cleanse all humans off the face of the Earth. Gaia will recover and Terra will be green again.

14. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Make the 50% who don't pay- pay....

The 50% who have been paying get the next century off.....:supergrin:

15. RF7126

RF7126

I call BS. North Korea? Russia? I lost all faith in that article when I read those. I believe many of those simply have an exchange or advisory program with a very very small number of Americans there, if at all. North Korea? Seriously? Are we counting CIA agents now? That article was so misleading it isn't funny.

16. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Actually I would bet you anything they could do it more efficiently and hence more cheaply. The problem is there is no compelling reason to do so. With no incentive they won't even really try.

I'm still curious why the Government is spending all that money on exploring a place nobody but them intends to go.

17. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

I personally feel that we should keep NASA. I'm one of those that thinks in order for our species to survive we'll eventually have to leave our solar system. So I'm all for keeping our space program, but I think we she combine forces with every other country as well as private industry to help push it along. JMO.

18. Rabbi

They cant do it, so it is a non sequitur argument. You cant say what "could" be done by a group that is incapable of doing something.

Contrary to popular opinion, government isnt always the problem. As a matter of fact, there are a number of things only a government can do. At this point in time, mounting a realistic orbital manned space program is one of those things. So it doesnt matter how efficient they are at it in practical sense, they are the only one who can in any manner.

19. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

I don't know, Richard Branson seems to be doing a pretty good job of getting private parties into space.

20. Rabbi

1. Manned ORBITAL space flight.

2. It has been about 50 years and still, only Governments have EVER put a man in orbit. In the same 50 years at best 1 private company, 2 times, have managed to put a man into a quasi-qualified "space flight" that actually crossed the "space" mark for about 5 minutes.

3. Richard Branson has achieved nothing but a whole lot of publicity, which is what he is good at and even if his plans do work, they are not ORBITAL space flights.